Shipmate Deserters

Anthony63

If you are talking about a Friday night that shouldn't be a problem. Would love to meet you all :)

Fabulous! It will be a Friday night. We're aiming to go here for dinner. Eric really wants to try it

grampasbakery dot com/restaurant dot html

and here for dessert:

jaxsonsicecream dot com/

Then planning to hang out at Dave & Busters

daveandbusters dot com/locations/StoreInformation dot aspx?trackid=8_FL__HOLLYWOOD&StoreId=8

(remove the 'dots' and replace with '.s' otherwise the link gets disabled)

Yessss we have it alll planned out, haha, but we have to otherwise we will end up with pizzas in our hotel room or their apartment!

Hi Amy!

Hey look at it this way...if it was your hubby having to pack for YOU, how much stuff do you think he'd forget! :eek:

He would forget on purpose and I wouldn't be able to leave the cabin lol!

How does one find the CC app? I've looked everywhere.

Trying to figure this out on my phone.next sat is my cruise finally I booked a yr ago.i'll let u guys know how it is .

Thanks Debbie. I have asked teddy but i will ask you as well give me a review on globe and atlas pub. I like pubs un England and if it is any good i will sound my bar time there. Thanks

Ok, Kim have all the info looked up and printed....lol...just let me know if plans change. Takes us about 45 minutes or so to get there so it will be around 6:00pm for us.

Hi Bill. Well I will know as it gets closer....but we got some bad news today. My brother-in-law, who drives a truck for Rodeway, was involved in a bad accident this afternoon. He lost his left arm mid-bicep but all else seems to be ok. However this may change some things for him and my SIL so we'll see. Please everyone, say a prayer for my brother-in-law Alan.

I know it's hard to wrap your head around :( the only good thing to take away from it is he is still alive. I know he will have a long road head, it looks like he has loving family and friends to help through it. :)

Thanks Anthony. He really never did like driving with the two trailers...what's that called, piggybacking? The highway patrolman my husband spoke to at the hospital last night said that because Alan hit the brakes to avoid colliding with the other driver, the weight of the trailers caused the truck to jackknife. Or something like that. :-(

Everyday is a Monday... The people in the ships don't get a day off. They do a contract that are like 8 - 9 months long. And in European countries it is customary to tip the hotel staff. So the long and short of it is i no longer have an issue with tipping the steward and will tip extra even. Thanks for the input y'all gave.

I'm sorry Anthony I thought you knew that, not only do they get very little time off...some, like the wait staff, have to work different dining areas in the same day. I would not want that job at all...lol

I have a few truckers in my family... they get along great with their significant others! Maybe because they spend so much time missing them?

Speaking of missing significant others, I will be going up to Virginia w/ my kids, one of my sis-in-laws and nephew to celebrate my mother's graduation from culinary school. Never to late to earn a degree! Hubby will be by his lonesome when we're gone. Hopefully he'll enjoy the peace and quiet!

I will be back next week. Not sure how much downtime I'll have..but if it's not much I'll catch y'all when we get back!

BIL Alan going to be in hospital for 7-10 days more. He is responding to family members in the room and kept trying to get up even though they induced a coma..he is a big guy so they may have needed to up the drug dosage(s) to keep him 'under'. He had to have restraints put on in case he tried to get up again and accidentally pulled something out. :(

Bill having lost 60lbs the past year my suits don't fit. So i still plan on losing another 10-15lbs so don't want to buy a suit now and i should be down to weight come my cruise but not sure i want to buy a tuxedo as not sure how often i would use it. I thought about doing more cruises but seeing as i am home so little as it is well add another cruise and it would be less. Oh well things to think on.

Trust me.If someone hadn't given me the Tux....I wouldn't have one. I use to just wear a black suit with a Tux shirt. I only get to wear the Tux on cruises, which is about every other year.