Shipmate Deserters

Anthony63

Ok call me nuts but i got the premium liquor package. There are several drinks i want to try and if i don't like them i will not feel bad if i don't drink them.

You're nuts! Lol. but you can always get a drink for your wife and pass it to her, correct? Or do you both have to have the package? In which case, you can share with your aunts!

You're nuts! Lol. but you can always get a drink for your wife and pass it to her, correct? Or do you both have to have the package? In which case, you can share with your aunts!

RCCL makes all who are over 21 get the package in the stateroom. So that sucks we did that years ago with the soda package. And yes my aunts and hell i will "buy" people i meet on the boat a drink as well.

But i also like top shelf drinks so it will take fewer to break even. And i can drink like a fish and not get drunk. Feeling good yes but drunk no.

Umm on another board umm someone posted about lost luggage. They flew in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Ok it sucks to have your luggage lost but we ALL know it happens. That is part of flying. And that is why i am flying in on Thursday. And i also am planning on trying to have dinner with some people that live out there if they are able and want to..... But back on topic. What do they post nothing about how the cruise line has helped and i know i am assuming they have but i have read where if your luggage is lost they will give you discounts in the shops onboard. And well there is always travel insurance they booked fought through the cruise line so they could have gotten insurance through them and if luggage is delayed by 24 hours they get 500.00 to buy items. Did they say anything about that NO THEY GO RIGHT TO THE I HOPE THEY ARE GOING TO COMPENSATE US. Why oh why is the first thing people go for is ok now what can i get out of this. Flying in the day of or the day before imho is risky at best foolish at worst. Plan ahead. Ok off my soapbox.

I posted on Shipmates before I read this. I see both sides of the coin. But absolutely it'd be nice to hear what was done. Some people just CAN'T or WON'T fly in the day or two before their cruise and this is the chance they take. However if they booked the flight in conjunction w/the cruise, there should be some reasonable compensation for clothing, toiletries, wine etc for those couple of days w/o luggage. Assuming everyone did what they were supposed to do as far as Not packing needed meds or documents in their checked bags those other things would be easy to replace for a couple/few days.

Hey Antony, were you talking about Bill and me as far as meeting for dinner before your cruise?? :D:beer:

Or other friends?

Hey i am easy and up for new things. I have a friend of 20 years that lives out there and we might get together but always more the marrier. If y'all are up for it.... Still looking for a room. I have best western airport/cruiseport booked but looking at the comfort suites....

Hey i am easy and up for new things. I have a friend of 20 years that lives out there and we might get together but always more the marrier. If y'all are up for it.... Still looking for a room. I have best western airport/cruiseport booked but looking at the comfort suites....

It's a definite possibility as far as me (and hubby n kids too, probably)! We'll want to meet up with sis-in-law and bro-in-law while down there too since we don't see them much. We are staying at La Quinta in Hollywood on the 21st...I can let ya know how it is!