Taking alcohol on board

Urzzz1871

Hi all,

the P&O policy re taking alcohol on board reads:

"We reserve the right to take alcohol at the gangway, if brought on board, to return to passengers at the end of their cruise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will implement it only when we consider it is likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of passenger may otherwise be compromised."

Does anyone have any experience of how this is applied in practice? ie can we put a bottle or two in our cases to take away with us or would this be an issue?

Many thanks,

Jason

Unless your obviously drunk, it wont be an issue, I would carry it in your hand luggage as well, the luggage takes a rough ride on its way to your stateroom a broken bottle of red all over your holiday clothes, now that would be a nightmare :eek:

You will not have a problem. We usually put bottles in our hand luggage when sailing from Southampton, wouldn't risk it in the hold luggage as the cases do get thrown around. We would usually take a bottle of gin, a bottle of Pimms (lovely for a pre-lunch or dinner drink in warm climates) and have taken a bottle of Champagne sometimes. We have also taken some mixers as they are quite pricey on board. I have never known anyone to have had a problem. I think the rule would only be enforced if someone was wheeling crates of drink onboard or were obviously the worse for wear!:)

Thanks for the info.

It would just be a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of gin so that we could have a pre-dinner drink or night cap in our cabin, certainly not talking crates of beer!

Shall pack in our hand luggage and hopefully we will be OK.

Friends if mine normally bring me back a bottle of Madeira from, well, Madeira.

This year they told me that PO said it was not allowed. But i don't know whether any further explanation was offered.

Friends if mine normally bring me back a bottle of Madeira from, well, Madeira.

This year they told me that PO said it was not allowed. But i don't know whether any further explanation was offered.

That's a shame. No problems on Oriana last week.

Archived