Would you sail on Pride of Aloha now?

Conanc

Hi,

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary this fall. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess but never with Norwegian. To celebrate, we were considering a Panama Canal cruise with Princess or a Mexican Riviera with Celebrity, but am now also considering a balcony on Pride of Aloha. I've been reading reviews and doing some homework but I was wondering with all the hype with the new Pride of America, would you still sail on Pride of Aloha if there was a big price difference?

Can anyone tell me about the ship and this itinerary? Should we put this idea on hold for another time and sail a newer ship? What about Hawaii and the weather in Sept, favorite excursions, etc? I pretty much have figured that it will be a different and more laidback sailing experience on this ship with Freestyle dining and am fine with that. I was mostly concerned about condition and upkeep of the ship, and also the quality of the food and the activities offered when not in port.

Thank you so much for any information you can provide!

My $.02

If you want to go to Hawaii and see several islands I would consider the POAL now. If you want to go on a cruise for the cruise experience I would look at your other choices.

My impression from recent feedback and I have not been on the POAL is things are OK. The cruise is all about the extensive port time and the ease of seeing much of HI without jumping on planes and moving from hotel to hotel. What you can see in seven days would take 10 to 12 on a traditional land based HI vacation. You travel when you sleep and don't lose a day everytime you change islands.

I would suggest the Pride of America over to Aloha. Having sailed on the Aloha and having just visited the America yesterday, I would suggest the America. The buffet area is greatly improved over the Aloha and this will I hope relieve the congestion in the morning when people are desirous of a quick but enjoyable breakfast before visiting a port or taking an excursion. That said, if you do take the Aoha, I think you will have an enjoyable vacation as Hawaii is a sight to be seen.

All the best.

Having sailed on POAL when she was the NCL Sky - if the price difference were big enough yes in a minute. However if the price difference between her and POAM were small I would pick POAM - she looks beautiful in the pictures and it sounds like they have resolved some design issues the POAL had.

I was wondering with all the hype with the new Pride of America, would you still sail on Pride of Aloha if there was a big price difference?

Yes, I would sail on either. I sailed on the POAl when she was the Sky. It would be interesting to see the changes that were made.

Just got off the POAloha seven days ago and miss her terribly!

This was my eigth cruise and found her to be my favorite of all! The ship was lovely (although not as new as the POAmerica), the crew was absolutely fantastic and the itinterary was the best I have ever had. You spend almost all time in port and able to do some fantastic things. Even the time spent at sea is much better due to certain things - like the captain taking the ship within a mile of lava flowing into the sea at night for an amazing show between Hilo and Kona! He even turned the ship 360 degrees so both sides could get the show!

I don't know what the prices are for both ships but I would take any NCL cruise again in a heartbeat - This cruise has cemented their place as my cruise line of choice for future cruises!

Just got back from pride of aloha will give more on the trip when I have more time had to go back to work second day back :( but had a wonderful time we did too much excurtions but ship and crew was great can't wait to get pics done and yes I would do it again and with the america coming in aloha may not be as crowded ours was full will write more when work gives me time off:p

If the POAM takes a lot of the customers and the prices come down on the Aloha it might be a good deal.

In Hawaii I think people spend more time in the ports so the ship may not be so important and a bargain price might make it worth while.

Make me an offer:D

Archived