Cruising with teens

I am taking my nieces and nephews on the Freedom June 2nd and would want to setup individual onboard accounts for them. Is there a minimum amount required to establish a cash account? I heard that it has to be at least $200.00. Advice please.

I am taking my nieces and nephews on the Freedom June 2nd and would want to setup individual onboard accounts for them. Is there a minimum amount required to establish a cash account? I heard that it has to be at least $200.00. Advice please.

I don't believe there is a minimum. Our daughter and her friends never had to put any cash down up front. If the outstanding charges get to be over some amount (I think $500), then they will ask for the balance to be paid down.

I don't believe there is a minimum. Our daughter and her friends never had to put any cash down up front. If the outstanding charges get to be over some amount (I think $500), then they will ask for the balance to be paid down.

Thank you Clarea. I will fund their accounts with cash. My kids seem to be more thoughtful and budget-minded when it is their money they are spending. They somehow seem to make wiser decisions about their purchases.:)

That's so true! When my daughter was spending MY money, it was "Mom, it's ONLY $$$$"....but when it was HER money, she was, "Mom, I can't believe that sweater is $$$$!"

This is why everyone should EARN what they spend as it makes spending more personal.....take notes, Congress!

Archived