Edinburgh to Rosyth Post Tattoo

There is a website traveline scotland that has public transport options : http://www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do. This shows that your main option will be the stagecoach bus to Inverkeithing and Rosyth. Where it stops in Rosyth is some distance from the cruise terminal, at that time of night it would certainly be safer to get a taxi from Inverkeithing, if there is one. Otherwise I think as there are 5 of you I would try to book a transfer or taxi.

Hi,

I live in this area and often travel back after a night out in Edinburgh. When we were at the tattoo last year we attended the earlier performance so managed to catch the last train, but as you are going to the 10:30 performance which is extra-long with the firework display that won't be an option. There are night buses which operate at 1:15 and 3:15 from the bus station but to be honest I wouldn't recommend that. The port is a bit away from the town and I wouldn't want to be wandering round Inverkeithing (the nearest town) at 1:45 looking for a taxi.

Think your only option is a taxi from Edinburgh and I'd recommend pre-booking as there will be a lot of people leaving the Castle Esplanade at the same time. Hope you enjoy the tattoo.

We just booked our first trip to see the Tattoo, will it be a problem to find a cab after the show.

Any suggestions for taxi cab companies.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

I would pre-book a private car at a set price.

Archived