LA hotels

Kwenz

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel for 1 night in Feb 2006 prior to departing on the Summit bound for the Panama Canal? I checked the Hyatt Regency and the Westin and really would rather not spend over $300 for 1 night.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel for 1 night in Feb 2006 prior to departing on the Summit bound for the Panama Canal? I checked the Hyatt Regency and the Westin and really would rather not spend over $300 for 1 night.

Hi,

If you are going out of San Pedro (LA cruise ship docks), try the Sheraton below

Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel

(310) 519-8200

(888) 890-9888

(310) 519-8421 (Fax)

601 S Palos Verdes St

San Pedro, CA 90731

0.6 mi E- Directions

Hi M&M's,

I haven't seen any official reviews, here is a link to one small thread on the hotel. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3512413#post3512413

One of the posters on our Summit thread stayed there on his way back to San Diego from San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. He took a few pictures and said "You are going to love it here". You can see a few of the pictures he took if you click on the link to Summit to Hawaii March 2006 webpage in my signature. Then select Before We Board, and then the Pictures link beside the hotel name. You can also find his entire post on post # 2072 on our roll call, but it is mostly about other stuff.

The tripadvisor site had 5 reviews. 3 were top ratings and 2 were bad. Here's a link to that site. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33035-d81757-r3501135-Holiday_Inn_San_Pedro_Los_Angeles_Harbor-San_Pedro_California.html Given everything I've seen, I am satsifed that it will be more than minimally acceptable. And if it isn't great, well, we'll be with new cruising friends for the night and going on a cruise the next day. How bad can that be?

The people were very helpful when I called for information. They contract with one of the shuttle copmpanies for the transportation and we will be given a number to call on arrival. They assured me that the service has vans near the airport and we won't have to wait more than 10-15 minutes. Another poster on our thread coordinated a bunch of us and she got a group set up with the hotel. We did not get any additional discount, but they agreed to pick up people in our group at the Long Beach airport as well as LAX. They normally don't offer Long Beach pickup.

Archived