Emerald Beach

cruizinmimi

Just wondering how far Emerald Beach is from docking at Havensight? How much the taxi would be pp? We tried Morning Star in Sept, 2012 and I was not impressed because the Marriott would not allow us on their property at all.

Wanting a nice beach day with bar services, food, bathroom facilities, etc.

Is Emerald Beach further than Sapphire Beach from docking at Havensight?

Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is a decent enough beach where the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort is located. You can rent chairs and have a bite. It's further away from Havensight than Morningstar, but not quite as far as the East End beaches like Sapphire. Taxi is probably $12 - 15pp roundtrip.

I would spring for the $20pp roundtrip taxi and just go to Sapphire or Secret Harbor because they're both so much nicer and have everything you need. If shade is important Sapphire offers abundant natural shade while the shade at SH is reserved for the condo guests.

Thank you for your replies. We went to Morning Star Beach when we were in St. Thomas in 2012. We were able to go to the beach and rent chairs, but could not use the Marriott MorningStar pool or their facilities. We could order at the beach though. I was really disappointed.

We've been to Sapphire Beach and Secret Harbour many times. I just wanted to try something different. Still trying to make up my mind:rolleyes:....Sapphire or Emerald:D

Yes there are no real resorts offering day passes where you can use their facilities. Most of the nicer beaches are occupied by condo resorts rather than resorts as you already know since you've been to 2 of these. You've already been to 2 of the nicest beaches on the island!

Check out Bluebeard's Beach Club to see if they offer any day pass options. We have not been there but I've seen it mentioned by others on tripadvisor. Actually you may want to ask about it on the St Thomas forum there.

Other than that to have a different beach with food and drink options I would consider Coki. Gorgeous beach, but it's a busier vibe with several vendor shacks in a smaller bay like SH.

Thank you for your replies. We went to Morning Star Beach when we were in St. Thomas in 2012. We were able to go to the beach and rent chairs, but could not use the Marriott MorningStar pool or their facilities. We could order at the beach though. I was really disappointed.

Okay, that is different. ;) The hotel facilities are for hotel guests. I'm sure you could have had lunch at Coco Joes's if it was open.

I can't think of any St Thomas hotel where cruise ship passengers are allowed the use of the pool. Sorry!:o

We spend the day once at Emerald Beach before an evening flight. The Best Western Hotel stored our luggage (for a tip) and told me the kids could use the pool. Not sure if this was exceptional or they do this all the time.

Still like Sapphire Beach better as far as beaches go.

Archived