Rum-runners!!

msstarr22

Quick Question! I know we are not supposed to bring alcohol on board with us, so please don't slam me. I am on such a tight budget this cruise and I have the rum-runners from my boat. Are they catching everyone bringing the plastic rum-runners on the ships? I have heard where they are catching more and more people smuggling the good stuff on so please tell me it is bottles they are catching and not the good ol rum-runners!:confused:

No way security would have punctured a rum runner and left it in the clothes. If they had found it, it would have been confiscated. More likely, they didn't burp the rumrunner or overfilled it, and also did not put it in a ziplock bag.

I know it doesn't assuage the boozehounds avoiding the 15 drink limit on the Cheers card, but we've found the smaller RRs (8oz) work very well if carried through security in deep pants/shorts pockets. Just don't have change or keys in your pockets as well where you have to empty your poclets because (as Mel Brooks said in High Anxiety) "I BEEPED!":D

Hi, just carried thru rum runners and the cheaper version in April on cruise. Got 3 of almost 26oz thru in suitcase. I double ziplocked them, for the "just in case". I also had a bag of wine, which didn't make it thru. Its just luck of the draw i guess.

Hi, just carried thru rum runners and the cheaper version in April on cruise. Got 3 of almost 26oz thru in suitcase. I double ziplocked them, for the "just in case". I also had a bag of wine, which didn't make it thru. Its just luck of the draw i guess.

A bag of wine? Please explain.

Luck of the draw really. The only way to avoid getting caught is by putting the stuff on your persons. They will not pat you down. put them in your clothes. Also, walgreens/CVS is selling "Collapsible water bottles", which is basically a rumrunner flask, but without the shipping, and for $1.99.

Ours have made it through every time, most recently last month. We put them in separate suit cases as advised above.

Beware carrying them on your person. They will pat you down. They did that to one of the guys with us. Good thing his gf had his rum runners on her instead.

A bag of wine? Please explain.

I bought a box of wine, took out the bladder, and tried to get it on. Was bigger than the rum runners, so probably easier to be detected. Only spent $12 on it, so no big loss!

Ours have made it through every time, most recently last month. We put them in separate suit cases as advised above.

Beware carrying them on your person. They will pat you down. They did that to one of the guys with us. Good thing his gf had his rum runners on her instead.

why on earth would they pat him down randomly? He must have made the metal detector beep

People get varied results with their attempts to bringe booze on board. Google "cruise videos" and there will be several sites which show cruises related video. Then in the site search rum runners for the latest RR tricks. Good luck.

My local Dollar Tree also now has their own version in bright fluorescent colors. :D.

OK, so it's states WATER BOTTLE;).

They have them in Calif, also ---AND some appear to be made (shaped) to conform to the human anatomy --- if you know what I mean !!!!!:eek::D

I have heard them referred to as "Instant Double D's"

Archived