Amsterdam cabins

Hi the last two years I was on Amsterdam In 2011 I was on main deck in a inside cabin. I loved it. Last year 2012 I was on Promenade deck in outside cabin 3355 I also loved that cabin. Both were in middle of ship and I traveled solo. In 2014 I will be with a friend. I am looking on main deck again but outside cabin or sea view. My questions are they say the are partial view. They say the same thing about the promenade desk where you see the railings. What is the partial view on main deck? If I remember correctly they were good size windows But I really forget. do the main cabins have bath tubs? Also the tv on main deck was high up on shelf and hard to change channels on Prom deck it was on desk. the cruise atlas I have 2013-2014 does not give me any inform on tubs. reason why I go with the main maybe hope the upgrade fairy would visit and a bigger cabini. A tub will also be important to me.

thanks

Mary

An outside cabin on Amsterdam's Main Deck will look very similar to the inside cabin you had on that deck, except it will be larger. Yes, it will have a tub, so the vanity area will be smaller to make room.

I don't understand what the obstruction to the view would be. :confused: There should be a clear view out all the windows.

Be careful about selecting a cabin too far forward, with a porthole. Those cabins may start to curve as you get closer to the bow; stay mid-ship.

I know what you mean about using the remote when sitting on the couch and the TV is high. Instead of trying to hit the spot on the TV where the remote signal tells it what to do, aim the remote toward the ceiling in front of the TV. The signal will then bounce to the correct spot. (it might take a little practice to find the right spot on the ceiling.)

On the Amsterdam -the rear cabins beyond the last elevator bank - have showers only; at least on the 7th floor. We PREFER a shower RATHER than a tub so we always get one of those! Good luck!

Anne ;)

Hi

I love the Amsterdam But I forget the windows, I like the Promenade deck. But since the switched going down a deck does not make since to me. I love having a bath tub. I don't mind the main deck I was on it my first cruise. If I go and do a dummy booking the main deck windows all say Partial View. So I am not sure what they mean. It would be nice to be upgraded but I will be happy no matter what. Thanks Ruth. I was goinf a bit nuts in morning and before I went to bed with the tv on the inside cabin on main deck it was a great cabin (2011) then I booked again and was upgraded to promenade deck which I loved again and loved the tub. Just to soak in the tun every night after walking all day. plus the had a better Tv in the room and on the desk. My my thing would be the tub my friend a window. Plus middle of ship. will be booking soon.

Thanks all who helpped.

Mary

Mary,

I am happy to hear that you are able to return to Alaska. Have another great cruise!!

I just tried to do a dummy booking and am finding full oceanview cabins on the Main Deck. For example, if you choose an E or DA category those will all be full oceanview.

Don't forget that many cabins have changed category for next year. If you are trying to look up specific cabins based on this year's category, they won't show for next year.

There really shouldn't be any obstructions on Main Deck, if that's where you want to be. All the outsides will have the tub you want, and the outsides on Main will be larger than the one on Lower Promenade was. Those few extra square feet might come in handy if you are sharing a cabin with someone.

Hi

what could be blocking /obstucting the cabins C's that were D's. I will look at what DA's cost E's are to far front or back. I am still not not sure what deck I want

thanks

Mary

Have you tried contacting HAL to see what they can tell you about those cabins.

Mary, I looked at the 2013 and 2014 deck plans. It appears to be an error by HAL. The cabins that are Ds in 2013 do say full ocean view for 2013. Now in 2014 they call them Cs and are still using the same description of Cs from 2013 when they were on the promenade deck and there was ship structure across the promenade deck. You should be able to book a C with confidence for a 2014 sailing. Just do a dummy booking for 2013 to see the deck plans and then compare to the deck plans for 2014.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi the last two years I was on Amsterdam In 2011 I was on main deck in a inside cabin. I loved it. Last year 2012 I was on Promenade deck in outside cabin 3355 I also loved that cabin. Both were in middle of ship and I traveled solo. In 2014 I will be with a friend. I am looking on main deck again but outside cabin or sea view. My questions are they say the are partial view. They say the same thing about the promenade desk where you see the railings. What is the partial view on main deck? If I remember correctly they were good size windows But I really forget. do the main cabins have bath tubs? Also the tv on main deck was high up on shelf and hard to change channels on Prom deck it was on desk. the cruise atlas I have 2013-2014 does not give me any inform on tubs. reason why I go with the main maybe hope the upgrade fairy would visit and a bigger cabini. A tub will also be important to me.

Mary

We have had cabin # 2629 on main deck for two RTW cruises. We find it very convenient

Hi

I am going to get the cabib I had last year. I would have done a inside but my friend needs a window. Would love to go higher but the prices are to high, I rather spend the money else where. Maybe the cruise faily will pay me a visit. It not till next year that seems so far away.

Mary

Archived