Alaska Cruise-tour 13A

Our family will be on Alaska cruise-tour 13A (tour first then cruise) in June. We got our cruise documents and they say that luggage you want to store during the land portion will be tagged and stored on the motor coach, but we are riding the train for the first three days. My question is do they still store luggage that you don't need until the cruise if you are on the train instead of a motor coach? This starts in Fairbanks and we ride the Wilderness Express to Denali, then Talkeetna, then Anchorage and then we ride on a motor coach for two days for Alyeska and Seward. I've asked the RCCL cruise tour people and gotten two different answers. Anyone who has done this tour before know the answer?

Our family will be on Alaska cruise-tour 13A (tour first then cruise) in June. We got our cruise documents and they say that luggage you want to store during the land portion will be tagged and stored on the motor coach, but we are riding the train for the first three days. My question is do they still store luggage that you don't need until the cruise if you are on the train instead of a motor coach? This starts in Fairbanks and we ride the Wilderness Express to Denali, then Talkeetna, then Anchorage and then we ride on a motor coach for two days for Alyeska and Seward. I've asked the RCCL cruise tour people and gotten two different answers. Anyone who has done this tour before know the answer?

They will store all the bags until your on board the ship. You'll be allowed to carry on bag (airplane carry on size ) per person for the land portion.

The motor coach will follow you and meet you at each train stop and take you to your hotel, so you will have the same bus driver and the same tour esc0rt for the entire trip. The luggage you will need during the land portion will be delivered to your room each evening. Your other luggage will remain on the bus until the end of your tour. When we did tour #11 (and #13 should follow the same procedure) we took the train to Denali and the bus picked us up at the train station in Denali and after we took the Tundra Wilderness tour it took us to the Grande Denali Lodge for our overnight stay. The following morning it took us to the train station where we boarded the Wilderness Express to Talkeetna. We were met by our bus at the Talkeetna train station and taken to the lodge. The following day our bus took us to Anchorage where we overnighted at the Marriott. The following day we were able to book the train from Anchorage to Seward, accompanied by all our luggage. It is handled very smoothly and efficiently.

Archived