? About Specialty Restaurants On The Grand...

USNUZULOOSE

We had dinner at Sabatini's on our cruise two weeks ago, and it was fabulous. The service and food were top notch. Most of my party had the lobster, but I opted for the veal chop, and it was the best meal I've had in a long time. The maitre d' for the restaurant was great,too. He was very personable and funny, and he added a lot to the night.

We didn't get a chance to try the Crown Grill this trip.

We did have the pizza at Alfredo's a couple of times for lunch, and that was very good, too. They said it's the same dough etc. as the pizza grill by the Trident Grill, but we thought it was better.

i think crysalis is thinking of the chef's table dinner. i did it a few years ago on the star princess and it was fabulous but only cost $75 then. it's well worth it but can be difficult to get a reservation for it. you have to call the minute you get in your cabin and give them your dining information. then they call you back or give you your invitation in your mailbox the next day, i believe. besides the fabulous meal, it includes a tour of the kitchen, a cocktail party with hors d'oerves (sp?) in the kitchen. a group photograph and the princess cook book which is huge. and the ladies received a rose. it's usually limited to 10 or 12 people only. and they usually have it once or twice during a 7 or 10 day cruise.

cheers

I think the poster is talking about the Chef's Table.

I was. Evidently I was thinking of Chef's Table when I responded. I went back and re-read the OP and realized (s)he was asking about something else.

We ate at the Crown Grill two weeks ago and it was absolutely wonderful. Everyone that I talked to on our cruise raved about both the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. Both have a $25 service charge but are well worth it. At the Crown, I had the filet mignon and asked if I could have some grilled shrimp. Our waiter, said "You want surf and turf, I bring you lobster". So I had an outstanding cut of beef with two lobster tails to top it off. The deserts were also wonderful but I passed since I had already overcharged my diet. We also had friends that did the Chef's Table and they said it also was well worth the $95 spent. Cruising should be enjoyed and you shouldn't worry about the costs. You only go around once in this world.

Archived