flight times

GLP

We are looking at booking a 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Maasdam sailing from Fort Lauderdale on Jan 27, 2014. I have seen posts that indicate clearing customs at the cruise ports upon return is taking a long time. I am wondering if a noon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 7th is doable or not? Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HAL seems to be the only one where people are spending time getting through immigration and customs in Ft Lauderdale.

For some unknown reason they have fewer officials on duty compared to the other cruise lines.

I have friends who sail on Princess and Carnival and they have zipped right through everything within 15 minutes without a problem.

If you are able to carry all your own lugage off the ship without any help, you will be the first off the ship -- usually around 7:30 -- as soon as the ship is cleared by the local authorities.

Use expedited disembarkation and you should be off the ship by 0730.

If you are unable to handle your own luggage, indicate you have an early flight on the form, and you need to be in group one.

The noon flight should not be a problem, even if you are in group one.

We are looking at booking a 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Maasdam sailing from Fort Lauderdale on Jan 27, 2014. I have seen posts that indicate clearing customs at the cruise ports upon return is taking a long time. I am wondering if a noon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 7th is doable or not? Your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

whenever we fly to cruise we handle the return flight kind of like the outgoing flight.... bood with more than enough time to spare just in case because there's no better way to ruin a trip than by missing your flight and having to deal with that drama

Noon should not be a problem, unless there are six or more cruise ships all disembarking pax that morning. Check the port schedule. A couple of Behemouth of the Seas ships in port can make a big difference in the size of the crowds at the airport.

Noon should not be a problem, unless there are six or more cruise ships all disembarking pax that morning. Check the port schedule. A couple of Behemouth of the Seas ships in port can make a big difference in the size of the crowds at the airport.

As the schedule stands right now, there will only be three ships (2 HAL ships and a Princess) in Port Everglades that day.

Archived