Ironing?

I honestly can't remember from previous cruises. If I bring on clothes that got horribly wrinkled through washing or travel, can I send them to be ironed? Obviously there would be a fee. I would assume I can borrow an iron and board (once again, can't recall), but I'm terrible at ironing and really hate it.

I honestly can't remember from previous cruises. If I bring on clothes that got horribly wrinkled through washing or travel, can I send them to be ironed? Obviously there would be a fee. I would assume I can borrow an iron and board (once again, can't recall), but I'm terrible at ironing and really hate it.

Yes you can send them to be pressed for a fee. Can't say the price because never did it. I usually carry on a garment bag with anything that I am worried about wrinkling.

Shark with a *frickin* laser beam: some ships do have little ironing boards and irons in the self serve laundry rooms but they are not the norm. You'll probably have to a) be wrinkled like everyone else or b) use Downy Wrinkle Release and have it open up all over the inside of your suitcase or c) hang your items in the shower and steam them straight-ish.

There are no self service laundry rooms on any NCL ship.

Your room steward will bring you an iron and ironing board if you wish.

Also, IIRC, there was a pressing "special" shortly after embarkation to solve the problem of all those wrinkled clothes just out of a suitcase if you choose not to iron them yourself.

I, too, bring a travel mini steamer. Got on HSN for around $20. Light weight and heats up fast. In the past I did send a couple things to be pressed. Dont remember the fees either but was several years ago so assume changed.

You can send your clothes out to be laundered and/or pressed only. Yes, you will be charged. You can ask your cabin steward for an iron and ironing board, which can be used for a half hour or so and then returned.

I have a good quality mini clothing steamer that I bring everywhere. It's gentle on clothing and de-wrinkles quickly.

On our recent POA cruise, NCL had new rules for what electrical items were not allowed on the ship. I think steamers and electric hot pots were among them.

Archived