Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

In the application for the OBC as a stock owner it says:

"Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer." I am correct that a cruise purchased on a discount site would not be eligible for the credit?

Thank you for your assistance. Great information in this thread!

Mike

In the application for the OBC as a stock owner it says:

"Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer." I am correct that a cruise purchased on a discount site would not be eligible for the credit?

Thank you for your assistance. Great information in this thread!

Mike

No, we book with discount TA, saving 10 to 15% and always get the Shareholder OBC. I think they are referring to people like the lecturers on board.

Whether the shareholder benefit is worth it depends on your cruising. We cruise often on Princess. We have had the stock for nearly four years. We have gotten back the purchase cost plus nearly $1000 in OBC. We also have several hundred dollars in dividents. Finally the stock is now worth about 40% more than we paid for it.

So for us it has certainly been worth it.

Do I understand that the one-time 100 share purchase gives you OBC for each cruise afterward? Or is it a one-time OBC?

Do I understand that the one-time 100 share purchase gives you OBC for each cruise afterward? Or is it a one-time OBC?

Yes, you get OBC for each cruise. You have to send them current proof of ownership each time.

Edited by Suzy'Q

Yes' date=' you get OBC for each cruise. You have to send them current proof of ownership each time.[/quote']

The Shareholder OBC is valid on all Carnival Corporation cruise lines & not only on Princess.

Here is a snippet from a post by Pia in another thread regarding multiple use of the share owner OBC:

Tom, in 2012 I took 8 cruises and shareholder OBC totalled $1500. So far in 2013 I have earned $1000. Does that answer your question? :D If you look at my sig line you will see I still have $450 more coming this year. And I have had the stock since 1998. __________________

Pia

Edited by Thrak

Had lunch with friends who had done a 40 something day cruise around S. America. They booked it as a whole cruise not in segments but during the cruise they became Elite and on the last leg of the cruise they got all of the Elite privileges. I always thought you'd have to wait until the next one.

Speaking of the last leg of the cruise they said at that point many pax were on their last legs and eager to get home.

Had lunch with friends who had done a 40 something day cruise around S. America. They booked it as a whole cruise not in segments but during the cruise they became Elite and on the last leg of the cruise they got all of the Elite privileges. I always thought you'd have to wait until the next one.

Speaking of the last leg of the cruise they said at that point many pax were on their last legs and eager to get home.

So even though booked as 1 cruise, they did change status. That's good to know; it will happen to my husband on our next cruise (platium). Did they have to ask? or did Princess just do it?

So even though booked as 1 cruise, they did change status. That's good to know; it will happen to my husband on our next cruise (platium). Did they have to ask? or did Princess just do it?

They did talk to someone I think the Captain's Circle person.

THanks. I just wish when making reservations, I make all mine directly with Princess and over the phone, just one of the reps. would tell you about this type of thing. They don't mention the Military OBC or the Stockholder OBC either. Many may not be aware, as we weren't. Anyway, I did just make a suggestion to the Captains Circle area that maybe when making a reservation, the representative should advise the caller at least. Doubt it will change anything but much of that type of information has to be searched out on Princess site. Hopefully, it may help for those going through a TA or even just calling to make reservations. While the internet is omipresent, all don't search out an entire site to hope to find something. This is a good thread and has helped us receive the military OBC, wish I knew of the Shareholder and its great value prior but maybe for next time!

Well I was on that 47 day cruise around Sth. America & I certainly wasn't keen to get off. I could have stayed on longer.

As long as you own at least 100 shares of Carnival Corp, you will get the OBC any time you sail on any of the ships owned by Carnival Corp. This includes Princess, Carnival. HAL, Cunard, Costa and others.

The Captain's Circle rep can provide the Elite benefits in cases like this.

There may have been some people on the 49 days South America cruise ready to go home, but we certainly were not. I would have stayed on.

... and there is no guarantee the Captain's Circle rep will provide the status upgrade. Under the rules, member status is update at the end of every cruise. If you book as one cruise, then it is at the end of that.

... and there is no guarantee the Captain's Circle rep will provide the status upgrade. Under the rules, member status is update at the end of every cruise. If you book as one cruise, then it is at the end of that.

My friends did book it as one cruise actually.

The Captain's Circle rep can provide the Elite benefits in cases like this.

There may have been some people on the 49 days South America cruise ready to go home, but we certainly were not. I would have stayed on.

I'm with you. I could be one of those people who live on board. :)

I order eggs served sunny side up with bacon on room service ticket almost every morning. I do this by writing in my order on the ticket. :cool:

My husband and I are going on our first cruise next April on the Grand. What other items can we order that are not listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

My husband and I are going on our first cruise next April on the Grand. What other items can we order that are not listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

You can order anything you want, but you wont always get it. If it is a dietary problem see the Maitre'D the night before and they will do their best to accomadate you.

There was an elderly lady who did live onboard. I wonder if she is still doing so?

I read about her too. She's an inspiration. Wouldn't take too long to become the "most traveled passenger".

I was on a HAL ship and the winner of the most traveled was a AAA employee who led groups on cruises. It was, I'm sure, legitimate but it seemed somehow cheating since she was working while travelling.

You can order anything you want, but you wont always get it. If it is a dietary problem see the Maitre'D the night before and they will do their best to accomadate you.

They are wonderful about accommodating special requests.

In Australia it comes up on Cruise Personaliser - Payments/Balances section, I served in the Australian Army and got $250 for next year on Golden. $250 is the max.

I am searching for anything that shows current status of my account for each cruise. Can't find anything on US site to review for credits and that shows paid status.