crane by taxi

Sbfherring

hey does anyone know that current taxi prices to Crane beach from the cruise port. I have done some looking and I have found anywhere between 15-45$us one way..

also do we need to get there early to get a beach chair and umbrella from the beach vendor. our ship will be the only one in port that day. we will be there june 13.

The posted government tariff for a one-way trip from Deep Water Harbour to The Crane is US$26.50 for up to four (4) in the cab - NOT EACH.

I can almost guarantee this is what you'd be quoted if you ask any of the 'organised' drivers inside the cruise compound. If you walk out to Spring Garden Hwy and find a non-union driver, you may enjoy a US$15-20.00 one-way trip. I would think with the price of petrol now, US$15 would be about the lowest you could hope for.

Be sure you and the driver are talking US$ and not BD$.

Unable to answer your question about the umbrella availability at The Crane. June is not high season so I wouldn't think it would be much of a problem.

Have a great holiday! :)

• 3 months later...
The posted government tariff for a one-way trip from Deep Water Harbour to The Crane is US$26.50 for up to four (4) in the cab - NOT EACH.

I can almost guarantee this is what you'd be quoted if you ask any of the 'organised' drivers inside the cruise compound. If you walk out to Spring Garden Hwy and find a non-union driver, you may enjoy a US$15-20.00 one-way trip. I would think with the price of petrol now, US$15 would be about the lowest you could hope for.

Be sure you and the driver are talking US$ and not BD$.

Unable to answer your question about the umbrella availability at The Crane. June is not high season so I wouldn't think it would be much of a problem.

Have a great holiday! :)

Is "Deep Water Harbour" the name where the cruise ships dock?

Never knew that.

Don

Is "Deep Water Harbour" the name where the cruise ships dock?

Never knew that.

Officially it's the Port of Bridgetown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgetown_Port

Its website: http://www.barbadosport.com/

but locals have long referred to it as the Deep Water Harbour

due to its very nature

-that's what it was "plugged" as back in the early 1960s, upon opening.

Archived