countryside day tour

lynn_and_rob

Hello all,

I'm new to posting, but have a question. We are visiting Toulon in July and have a rental car. We are interested in a countryside experience, visiting markets, sampling culinary delights, seeing lavendar fields, etc. Does anyone know of anything like this or done it? I feel like visiting Provence without seeing the countryside is like visiting New York and not seeing the city. Can anyone make any suggestions how I could do this? Is there a company or itinerary I could follow? I'd love your help. Oh, if you think it's a bad idea, I'd like to hear that as well. Never being there, I have a limited perspective. Thanks in advance!

Lynn

• 5 weeks later...
Hello all,

I'm new to posting, but have a question. We are visiting Toulon in July and have a rental car. We are interested in a countryside experience, visiting markets, sampling culinary delights, seeing lavendar fields, etc. Does anyone know of anything like this or done it? I feel like visiting Provence without seeing the countryside is like visiting New York and not seeing the city. Can anyone make any suggestions how I could do this? Is there a company or itinerary I could follow? I'd love your help. Oh, if you think it's a bad idea, I'd like to hear that as well. Never being there, I have a limited perspective. Thanks in advance!

Lynn

When will you be there? Did you make any plans yet? Just booked our trip today, trying to get caught up with ideas and planning

Hello all,

Lynn

I totally think you should do some reading on this board as there are a lot of posts here re Toulon.Then you should use Google to see maps of the area and info as well,and a guide book if you can get at the library to help you understand the region. You can plot out what you think you amy want to see,when the markets re in the towns and when the lavendar fillds are in bllom etc. Youdidn't say if this was a port day or a land trip,and how much time you have so it is hard to say what you should see or not see.If you get some info and then have questions come back and post. Good luck.

Archived