How to make Coffee, 4cup.

frediver

Our cruise is done and we sure enjoyed the coffee maker,

After one false start I was able to make Good Coffee with the little 4cup maker in the room.

Here is how I did it:

I measured just over 3 cups of water in the pot (about 3 1/4 cups) and poured it in the unit.

I then used 2- 4 cup coffee filter packs ( the ones supplied by NCL).

I pressed the filter packs down into the filter basket and made the coffee, it's not Kopi but it is not bad either.

We have found that pre-packed filter pods of any variety often make weak coffee.

Most often we find that Room Service coffee is weak and not hot enough, the in room makers work great this way.

Our cruise is done and we sure enjoyed the coffee maker,

After one false start I was able to make Good Coffee with the little 4cup maker in the room.

Here is how I did it:

I measured just over 3 cups of water in the pot (about 3 1/4 cups) and poured it in the unit.

I then used 2- 4 cup coffee filter packs ( the ones supplied by NCL).

I pressed the filter packs down into the filter basket and made the coffee, it's not Kopi but it is not bad either.

We have found that pre-packed filter pods of any variety often make weak coffee.

Most often we find that Room Service coffee is weak and not hot enough, the in room makers work great this way.

Good advice . May I also offer an idea.

You are right when you say its weak (understatement) . I brew the coffee , then I put the filter packet into my cup to steep for a bit . It helps a lot .. ;)

I would imagine you would have less than 1% chance of a problem bringing your prepackaged creamers. Carry on or checked. (checked only on airline). Had to put 1%, cause nothing is for sure.

I would make sure they were in a tupperware or something so that do not get crushed and make a mess. Been there - not a pretty sight, or smell.

Actually, in a baggie, stuffed inside your shoes would work fine.

I would imagine you would have less than 1% chance of a problem bringing your prepackaged creamers. Carry on or checked. (checked only on airline). Had to put 1%, cause nothing is for sure.

I would make sure they were in a tupperware or something so that do not get crushed and make a mess. Been there - not a pretty sight, or smell.

Actually, in a baggie, stuffed inside your shoes would work fine.

Good to know. I'll be in Miami the day before we sail, so, I'll be purchasing it in Miami instead of packing it. Thanks for the info GaryCarla!

I'm new to NCL - do all the rooms have coffee makers? Balcony rooms? We're booked to go on the Jade on an Eastern Med cruise next April. Thanks

Balcony rooms and above have always had them. However lately, sometimes they have been removed. If you don't have one, ask you room steward for one. He/she can get them for you. Some persons don't want a coffee maker in their room so spares available. But...you should have one. All of our rooms always have.

I am crazy about quality coffee. I like to grind my own beans and typically only use bottled water when brewing at home. Since my upcoming cruise is the first one I will be in a balcony stateroom I am pretty excited about having coffee at my fingertips in my own room! However, I am not familiar with the type of coffee pot supplied in the room. Is it a regular basket type coffee pot where i could bring my own grinds and filters? or is it more along the lines of the coffee pots offered in some hotel rooms where the coffee pot will only brew the two in one coffee/filter pod it is compatible with? I will be sailing on the Breakaway. Thanks for your help!

Archived