Camera and equipment sales - Celebrity

We were on Celebrity last year, and while I did not look too close at the camera gear (well, I probably did but forgot what I saw), I don't recall seeing any DSLR bodies or lenses for sale. I am sure I would have remembered if I saw any lenses.

But out of the 15 cruises I have been on with 3 different cruise lines, I don't recall ever seeing any deals on board in the camera shops. Basically the only reason to buy something on-board is if your camera was lost or damaged on the way to the ship.

I think if you want something specific, it would be better to buy it ahead of time.

Princess sold entry level DSLR with kit lens. But I liked knowing I had backup if something happened to my d5100.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

They sell a Nikon D3100 kit w\ 18-55mm lens; price was ok. But by the time you purchase an extra battery and an SD card etc.; you are much better off buying before you go. That way you know that everything works!;)

Ed

They sell a Nikon D3100 kit w\ 18-55mm lens; price was ok. But by the time you purchase an extra battery and an SD card etc.; you are much better off buying before you go. That way you know that everything works!;)

Ed

I meant that if either my lens or the camera broke, I could buy the kit and keep going. My 18-200 would work with their d3100. Or my d5100 would work with their 18-55mm.

I meant that if either my lens or the camera broke, I could buy the kit and keep going. My 18-200 would work with their d3100. Or my d5100 would work with their 18-55mm.

Definitely.:)

Ed

Personally, it's probably smarter to simply bring two lenses and two bodies. That's what we're planning for Alaska. I placed a bid on the wrong camera, and now I have two E-620s. Thought I was bidding on an OM-D. But at least now, I don't have to worry about what if the camera breaks down mid-cruise.

The majority of the Cruise Lines out there use Nikon and sell Nikon cameras and accessories. Look at all the folks taking pictures for the cruise line and all you see is Nikon. Me I am a lifetime Canon man and will continue as such. Better to buy before sailing than on the ship.

Archived