Taxi or bus from Monaco to Eze

bluffdweller

We will be docking in Monaco in October and are planning to do this port as a DIY? But we would like to have an hour in Eze. I have looked into the bus schedule, but with the buses only running every 90 minutes, it seems that getting to Eze and back could use up most of the day. So I was wondering if it is possible to take a taxi from the port to Eze and either have the taxi wait for us or take the bus back. Has anyone ever done this? Will there be taxis waiting on the dock in Monaco? Does this plan make sense to you? If you have taken the bus out to Eze, how long did it take you?

Yes, it is possible but expensive. A taxi will cost you at least 50 Euros each way and there are seldom taxis waiting at Eze. Having your taxi wait for over an hour will add lots more Euros.... You could call for a return taxi...but this will also cost. Consider just renting a car in Monte Carlo and drive yourself for the entire day. Cost of a rental should be less then 100 Euros, if booked in advance, and will give you lots of options for the entire day.

Hank

Yes, it is possible but expensive. A taxi will cost you at least 50 Euros each way and there are seldom taxis waiting at Eze. Having your taxi wait for over an hour will add lots more Euros.... You could call for a return taxi...but this will also cost. Consider just renting a car in Monte Carlo and drive yourself for the entire day. Cost of a rental should be less then 100 Euros, if booked in advance, and will give you lots of options for the entire day.

Hank

We went through this same analysis for our upcoming return to Monaco. We took Hank's advice and will be renting a car. We will also add Cap Ferrat to the trip.

Thank you for your advice but I don't think I want to drive myself around Monaco. That would really add to the stress for me! We may consider a taxi out, and get the bus back as a compromise. I think that will save some time. Can I expect to find taxis waiting on the pier when we dock?

A related question -- how long would it take to get from the port to the bus station in Monaco? We know the bus to Eze Village leaves at 9:55 and want to allow plenty of time as the next bus is 2 hours later.

Thank you for your advice but I don't think I want to drive myself around Monaco. That would really add to the stress for me! We may consider a taxi out, and get the bus back as a compromise. I think that will save some time. Can I expect to find taxis waiting on the pier when we dock?

We have usually seen a few taxis waiting near the pier.

Hank

Remember Monaco is very small. You would only spend about 15 minutes getting out of town.

Archived