Ships out of Baltimore

heatherbean

So, I've been patiently waiting (by checking the Carnival site more times a day then I care to admit ) the release of dates, beyond April 2014 for the Pride. We just got back a few weeks ago, from our 1st cruise...LOVED IT...and want to go back in May of next year, hopefully on the HMC itinerary.

So, far I've been told the following:

Per JH on 5/5 - The dates should be out sometime this week...this is when the constant checking began.

Per PVP via email on 5/6 - They should be released soon.

Per someone on another cruise page on 5/7 - There being released on the 11th...this slowed my checking down...some...because you never know

Since the 11th was a Saturday, I spoke with my PVP, to be sure it would be ok, to contact him...he's great so of course it wouldn't be a problem.

All weekend back to checking non stop...no new dates

So today, I asked on the carnival page on another site, and I haven't gotten a response from Carnival, some posted they heard the Pride was moving to Tampa... This would leave no available Spirit class ships to sail out of Baltimore (Legend & Spirit in Australia with dates through 2014 and Miracle with dates till 2015).

It was mentioned that only the Spirit and Fantasy Class ship can sail out of Baltimore because of the bridges..I thought it was only the Spirit class. If so, then that would leave two possibilities...Fantasy & Fascination. All the other's in that class has dates until April 2015.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, I guess what I'm asking is, can the Fantasy ships sail out of Baltimore?

The Fantasy class ships are even smaller than the Spirit class, so yes they can sail from Baltimore.

Thanks...I thought the Spirit was the smallest class. Guess I'll start checking out the deck plans for these two.

The drydock for 2.0 upgrades only takes a couple of weeks. The schedules for the Pride just have not been released yet. Along with numerous other ships, half of the Carnival fleet in fact. So it really not related to a drydock, Carnival has just not released them yet. One of these days maybe.

If they deploy a fantasy class ship, CCL will have to extend the cruises out of Baltimore by an extra day at least, because they aren't as quick as the Spirit class. I'm curious what's going to happen with Norfolk because with the Glory not doing Canada next year (Splendor is) there's no reason to relocate a ship and do cruises out of Virginia.

I wish they would have switched the Pride out with the Legend and sent the Pride to Australia since we've had the same one ship here for the last four years, but c'est la vie.

Carnival has a contract to sail out of Baltimore through 2016. See link attached

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2011/08/08/carnival-cruise-lines-extends.html

That article is only partially true. The contract they signed in 2011 when the Business Journal article was written was for a 2-year agreement with three one-year extensions. They've fulfilled the 2 year agreement, now it's just waiting to see if CCL will extend the contract using the one year extensions.

I very much hope they do. John Heald said that news on Baltimore would be out before the end of the month--I'm hoping it's sooner.

That article is only partially true. The contract they signed in 2011 when the Business Journal article was written was for a 2-year agreement with three one-year extensions. They've fulfilled the 2 year agreement, now it's just waiting to see if CCL will extend the contract using the one year extensions.

I very much hope they do. John Heald said that news on Baltimore would be out before the end of the month--I'm hoping it's sooner.

he didn't happen to mention which month did he?:p

Bill

he didn't happen to mention which month did he?:p

Bill

LOL...too funny!

I wish that Carnival would do longer cruises out of Baltimore. Love sailing out of Baltimore but the 7 day cruises are just too short in the winter because they do not go far enough south and the weather is not always very pleasant. You lose the first day down and the last day back because it is too cold to sit by the pool.

Loved doing Celebrity out of Baltimore and the 12 day cruises. Wish Carnival would do something like that.

I'd like to see Carnival offer something similar to what they're doing with Splendor. I would love to save airfare by sailing from Baltimore, but their main itinerary is just plain weak. Their "Eastern Caribbean" itinerary is a little better, but Royal Caribbean's itineraries just edge-out Carnival's.

Does anyone know if any other lines will sail out of Baltimore, in 2014 or 2015 Besides CCL and RCL?

There was an article in the Sun a couple weeks ago explaining that in order for CruiseMaryland to offer more ships out of Baltimore, they have to expand the port because they're at capacity now with Pride and RCI's Grandeur.

Does anyone know if any other lines will sail out of Baltimore, in 2014 or 2015 Besides CCL and RCL?

No others that I can see, have Baltimore as a departure port.

Norwegian used to sail out of Baltimore but they stopped some years ago. I really really wish they'd come back because I'd love to try NCL.

Id love for some new itineraries out of baltimore, but I love the pride so for me half the fun is just relaxing around her numerous lounges and comfy spots. Weve done both itineraries now tho.

I read somewhere that Norfolk has become to expensive and thats why many cruise lines dont port there and why carnival continues to cut back.

Back to spirit class - I dont think baltimore could have a fantasy class vessel just because they are slower and have a slightly shorter range... and thats a lot of mileage to cover coming down the coast.

I was surprised they sent half the spirit fleet to australia... and not a conquest class instead.

LOL...too funny!

I wish that Carnival would do longer cruises out of Baltimore. Love sailing out of Baltimore but the 7 day cruises are just too short in the winter because they do not go far enough south and the weather is not always very pleasant. You lose the first day down and the last day back because it is too cold to sit by the pool.

Loved doing Celebrity out of Baltimore and the 12 day cruises. Wish Carnival would do something like that.

John said they won't do longer cruises so we go with others that do. I would think there would be a lot of takers

Interesting about the Pride going to Tampa comment, first I've heard of it. Did the Carnival people say this was a rumor, or did they address this at all?

It was the 1st I heard, too, but it was just a random person who made who commented on my post, and no, no response was received from anyone on the Carnival FB page. However, JH had a post later in the day yesterday, about more dates being released for the rest of the ships with in the next couple weeks. I do hope they keep the Pride in Baltimore, I really enjoyed the ship and with the drydock coming up in Feb 2014, I'm hoping for perhaps a couple of the 2.0 features (Guys Burgers :D).

I can't believe how cheap our upcoming cruise is considering their popularity there. Even with the bad press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Expect flawless grammar and spelling.

Archived