another cruise.

yours Shogun

Hi There

Booked two today

a Canda New England and a Caribbean ok like 500 days away

so plenty of time for price to come down if not will swap booking to

another cruise.

yours Shogun

Do you use a US travel agent? If not, how do you get price reductions in the UK?

Hi Dorest Cruiser

Princess UK has a price promise, if you see your cruise cheaper then they will adjust your price.

Needs to be before final payment, not booked on a deal, air can mess things up etc

yours Shogun

Although we have done this cruise 3 times, we would like to do it again next year on the Royal. But, the prices are extremely high!!! Think we'll wait to see if the prices go down.

I love this itinerary too(sailed on the CB in 2011) and would love to sail the Royal, but :eek: on the pricing too!

Hi Dorest Cruiser

Princess UK has a price promise, if you see your cruise cheaper then they will adjust your price.

Needs to be before final payment, not booked on a deal, air can mess things up etc

yours Shogun

Will try that next time we do Princess. Looks like P&O will have our business next year as some good WC sectors we are attracted to, and Princess will count our days :)

Although we have done this cruise 3 times, we would like to do it again next year on the Royal. But, the prices are extremely high!!! Think we'll wait to see if the prices go down.

I'll say they are!

As indicated by my signature, I'm booked for September 2013 on Caribbean Princess in a category MB mini for $2748 (solo rate).

Prncess' asking price for the same category (also solo rate) on Royal for September 2014 is a whopping $4443!!!

Princess must be trying to get a quick return on Royal's build cost.:rolleyes:

I'll say they are!

As indicated by my signature, I'm booked for September 2013 on Caribbean Princess in a category MB mini for $2748 (solo rate).

Prncess' asking price for the same category (also solo rate) on Royal for September 2014 is a whopping $4443!!!

Wow.....Really high rates!! Two years ago when we did this itinerary, we paid $999 for a balcony on the CB!! Gotta really rethink sailing on the Royal:eek:

Fairly standard new ship premium...

I'm not sure the Royal will be back to Canada anytime soon and I have to admit not a huge fan of the CB, so there may also be some demand factored in for people who would not normally cruise the CB.

Add in the fact the Royal is doing only 4 cruises up there as opposed to some of the other ships and you have a recipe for a price premium.

I'll say they are!

Fairly standard new ship premium...

I'm not sure the Royal will be back to Canada anytime soon and I have to admit not a huge fan of the CB, so there may also be some demand factored in for people who would not normally cruise the CB.

Add in the fact the Royal is doing only 4 cruises up there as opposed to some of the other ships and you have a recipe for a price premium.

Also not a fan of the CB, and I would really like to try one of the other ships without that extra deck to get a better feel for Princess. The overcrowding in the evening really got to me. Don't necessarily need to do Canada/NE, but I enjoyed the ports.

Plus debating if I want to sail the Breakaway next early summer to Bermuda.

I think one newer ship next yr is the smart thing to do, so I am debating.:confused:

• 1 month later...

Would love to do a Canada/New England cruise, but hope you can help me. We have sailed the Caribbean many times, and even in those calmer waters, I have a tendency to seasickness and have some difficulty, usually spending a day in the cabin.

Is the Canada/NewEngland cruise rough sailing? I assume the best time to go would be September/October. However, isn't that major hurricane time? Is it better to do the northbound or southbound itinerary?

Any suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated.

From my experience, its luck. If skies are clear, its SMOOTH sailing, but hit a storm (which does happen at that time of year) and the effects seem to be a bit more severe...

Would love to do a Canada/New England cruise, but hope you can help me. We have sailed the Caribbean many times, and even in those calmer waters, I have a tendency to seasickness and have some difficulty, usually spending a day in the cabin.

Is the Canada/NewEngland cruise rough sailing? I assume the best time to go would be September/October. However, isn't that major hurricane time? Is it better to do the northbound or southbound itinerary?

Just for grins, I put a Ruby Caribe balcony cabin on hold and will call my TA on Monday to finalize it. Being able to go will all depend on whether or not my cousin in England gets married next year. If he does, I'll have to cancel the cruise and take a trip across the pond instead. Nice to have decent choices though :D

oops, didn't realize this thread was that old. Shows how much I pay attention. Oh well, doesn't change the outcome. Canada/New England cruise is booked :)

We've done the cruise out of NY three times and did the Quebec to FLL cruise a year or so ago.

On our first cruise we had a day or two at sea as we raced up to Canada then worked our way back down. We had some motion on that part of the cruise, but all the rest have been pretty smooth sailing. Actually we missed the motion the last few times - great sleeping :-)

Archived