Norwegian Epic Transatlantic April 2013 - Photo Journey

xenagurl

Glad to hear that there will be more photos!!! Take your time, I have 500++ days to go until my TA:D

I'm looking forward my days of relaxation onboard the ship!

You're going to love those days of being able to lay out in the sun or running around like a kid. When I came back someone asked me if I'd cut my hair or done something different. I told her I'd just been on a relaxing transatlantic cruise vacation! That'll do it!

Edited by xenagurl

You're going to love those days of being able to lay out in the sun or running around like a kid. When I came back someone asked me if I'd cut my hair or done something different. I told her I'd just been on a relaxing transatlantic cruise vacation! That'll do it!

Oh, tell me more:D

Super excited about the TA even more now!

I'll finish part 2 of the write up after my Breakaway trip, but hopefully these photos will whet your appetite for an Epic journey!

BTW this photo journey is in no particular order. lol

The Epic in Barcelona...oh I hated to depart.

8745716157_f066a5c4b6_z.jpg

Towel crab? I'm not sure, but he was pretty cute.

8745715077_21dcab36cb_z.jpg

Green tea cake. One of my top 10 favorite desserts on the ship. I wish that it was available in the MDR.

8745714943_318db3ef94_z.jpg

Photos hosted by Flickr.

Oh, tell me more:D

Super excited about the TA even more now!

It's like being a kid in the sense that's there's only so much you can do about anything happening on shore. You can only let go and let live, and after about 2 days that seriously kicks in.

Well after waking up at 2pm :D Okay sometimes it was more like 10:30am I'd meet my friend for his lunch/my breakfast and the rest of the day would be spent lounging out in Posh, or carrying on like 6 year olds on the waterslides then warming up in the Jacuzzzi. Some drinks if there was a tasting or even better trivia. I don't think I realized how much I like trivia until this trip. With a good group it's a lot of fun.

By the evening it would be time to meet folks for dinner, then the real fun began! Afterward it was a show, or Howl at the Moon and/or Fat Cats and then dancing for about 4 or 5 hours and then Shenanigans for a few hours. To be followed up by sleeping in the next day.

So the rhythm was relax - have a ton of fun - relax - have a ton of fun, rinse and repeat for 11 days. Can't beat it! :D I'm really looking forward to doing it again. I hear that it's even warmer in October, so that means more time on the water slides. Hooray!

Green tea cake. One of my top 10 favorite desserts on the ship. I wish that it was available in the MDR.

8745714943_318db3ef94_z.jpg

Photos hosted by Flickr.

Yum!!! That was by far my favourite dessert on the Epic.

It's like being a kid in the sense that's there's only so much you can do about anything happening on shore. You can only let go and let live, and after about 2 days that seriously kicks in.

Well after waking up at 2pm :D Okay sometimes it was more like 10:30am I'd meet my friend for his lunch/my breakfast and the rest of the day would be spent lounging out in Posh, or carrying on like 6 year olds on the waterslides then warming up in the Jacuzzzi. Some drinks if there was a tasting or even better trivia. I don't think I realized how much I like trivia until this trip. With a good group it's a lot of fun.

By the evening it would be time to meet folks for dinner, then the real fun began! Afterward it was a show, or Howl at the Moon and/or Fat Cats and then dancing for about 4 or 5 hours and then Shenanigans for a few hours. To be followed up by sleeping in the next day.

So the rhythm was relax - have a ton of fun - relax - have a ton of fun, rinse and repeat for 11 days. Can't beat it! :D I'm really looking forward to doing it again. I hear that it's even warmer in October, so that means more time on the water slides. Hooray!

Heaven!!!!! Pure Heaven:D Sounds absolutely perfect to me.

This will be my first trip to Europe too so I'm looking forward to my time in Barcelona as well.

Happy to hear that the temperatures are warmer in October too!

Heaven!!!!! Pure Heaven:D Sounds absolutely perfect to me.

This will be my first trip to Europe too so I'm looking forward to my time in Barcelona as well.

Happy to hear that the temperatures are warmer in October too!

Oh I'm super excited for you! Let me know if you'd like any thoughts on Barcelona in the future. I'm not an expert on the city, but it was my my third trip there, and I really do like it. It's quite beautiful!

You're going to have a spectacular time on the TA and off!

Edited by xenagurl

Wow!

Just, wow!

Yup, it's all in how you view things. One person's prison is another person's good time. I'm a happy person, have happy journeys and have a truly happy life. There's nothing in the world that can change that.:)

Edited by xenagurl

Oh I'm super excited for you! Let me know if you'd like any thoughts on Barcelona in the future. I'm not an expert on the city, but it was my my third trip there, and I really do like it. It's quite beautiful!

You're going to have a spectacular time on the TA and off!

I'd love your thoughts on Barcelona!!!

I'd love your thoughts on Barcelona!!!

Cool beans. I'll write up a couple of thoughts on things you might be interested in seeing. It might take me a bit to post it because we're getting ready to cruise, but I'll note it here, or if you want to drop me a line (info below) I'll email it to you. I'll also post some Barcelona photos here as soon as I can as well. :)

Cool beans. I'll write up a couple of thoughts on things you might be interested in seeing. It might take me a bit to post it because we're getting ready to cruise, but I'll note it here, or if you want to drop me a line (info below) I'll email it to you. I'll also post some Barcelona photos here as soon as I can as well. :)

Just pm'd you based on your info below:D

Have a great cruise!!!!

Thanks for checking it out! --- Yes the Epic has me hooked as well. There is a Eastbound Barca to Miami TA on her in October that I'm planning on. Something to think about! ;) Did you have a fab time on your Jade trip a few weeks ago? I know it must have been a ton of fun! :)

If I were free in October I'd be on the Epic in a heartbeat ... But October is a full month for work. A TA would be great because my fav place on earth is the sea. Watch the sunrise with a good cup of coffee and the sunset with a beautiful glass of wine (although the sunrise can be a bit trickier on a cruise...)

The Jade was wonderful! Great ship, great crew, everything! A few of the same faces from my last time as well :) I may eventually post photos - if I figure out how to ...

I actually booked my next cruise on her less than two weeks after getting back! Greek Isles (Aug. 31st)... Have you done this cruise yet?

I'd also love to hear your ideas about Barcelona since I'm going there in July!

In the meantime, enjoy the Breakaway!

NY + cruise = :):)

Thanks for sharing your review and photos.

Keith

Thanks for checking it out. :)

If I were free in October I'd be on the Epic in a heartbeat ... But October is a full month for work. A TA would be great because my fav place on earth is the sea. Watch the sunrise with a good cup of coffee and the sunset with a beautiful glass of wine (although the sunrise can be a bit trickier on a cruise...)

The Jade was wonderful! Great ship, great crew, everything! A few of the same faces from my last time as well :) I may eventually post photos - if I figure out how to ...

I actually booked my next cruise on her less than two weeks after getting back! Greek Isles (Aug. 31st)... Have you done this cruise yet?

I'd also love to hear your ideas about Barcelona since I'm going there in July!

In the meantime, enjoy the Breakaway!

NY + cruise = :):)

I've never been awake in time for a sunrise on a cruise. lol A few of us on the TA stayed up chit chatting until about 7am trying to see it, when we realized that we were wrong about the time and it was to be an 8am sunrise, so I finally went to bed.

Good to hear that you had a great time! It's always nice to get on a ship and see some familiar faces. It's the icing on the cake.

I've not gone to the Greek isles by ship but have always thought that it would be a beautiful way to arrive, especially leaving from Venice. One of these days!

Sure thing, I'll post some info and photos about Barcelona soon, and hopefully some others that have been there will chime in with their ideas and thoughts too. It really is a lovely city.

Agreed! NY + cruise = :):)

may eventually post photos - if I figure out how to ...

If you host them on a photo hosting service like Flickr, or photo bucket, it's really easy. Google+ also works well too. I don't know about PB, but with Flickr once you have your photos up on Flickr.

1. Click on the photo
  2. Hit share (top right of photo)
  3. Grab the HTML/BBC Code
  4. Control/Command C to copy the code there (it's going to make you take it all) It will look something like this:

8746645895_6212ea4d7d.jpg

5. Just copy (Ctrl/Cmnd + C) the highlighted portion.

6. Click the insert image icon above (looks like a photo with a mountain)

7. Paste it in there hit okay and you're good to go :)

HTH! :)

Edited by xenagurl

I've never been awake in time for a sunrise on a cruise. lol A few of us on the TA stayed up chit chatting until about 7am trying to see it, when we realized that we were wrong about the time and it was to be an 8am sunrise, so I finally went to bed.

Good to hear that you had a great time! It's always nice to get on a ship and see some familiar faces. It's the icing on the cake.

I've not gone to the Greek isles by ship but have always thought that it would be a beautiful way to arrive, especially leaving from Venice. One of these days!

Sure thing, I'll post some info and photos about Barcelona soon, and hopefully some others that have been there will chime in with their ideas and thoughts too. It really is a lovely city.

Agreed! NY + cruise = :):)

Leaving from Venice is amazing. A unique perspective!

I've actually seen the Jade pass when I've been in St Mark's with friends - makes me want to call out - "Wait! Take me with you...."

Well, if you do a last minute Greek Isles on her lmk!

Excellent! Thanks!

Thanks for checking it out. I'll add some more Epic and Barcelona photos soon. :)

Grazie mille!!

That was very sweet of you to post this info :)

I'll put it to good use.

Non c'è problema! Hopefully it's helpful.

Leaving from Venice is amazing. A unique perspective!

I've actually seen the Jade pass when I've been in St Mark's with friends - makes me want to call out - "Wait! Take me with you...."

Well, if you do a last minute Greek Isles on her lmk!

That's so cool!

Most definitely, I'd definitely like too, she's a cool ship with great people and some of the most fun itineraries in the fleet. Maybe we'll meet this summer. :)