Fishing in Bermuda

Real_Raven

Going on the Dawn July 12th and would love to try some fishing. Has anyone taking the Fishing trips that are available. This is my 8th cruise and I've heard a few horror stories about the Fishing trips. Any feed back would be helpfull.

Hi, We chartered with Mako 4 charters in Bermuda about four years ago.Not sure if they are still there but this was one of our best fishing days.My family and I are on the Breakaway on June 9th, and my grandson and I are going on the Jolly Roger, 4 hour reef fishing trip.Not sure how this will be as there are only two reviews on this, but it is convenient because it leaves from Heritage Wharf, where we are docked.

• 5 months later...
Hi, We chartered with Mako 4 charters in Bermuda about four years ago.Not sure if they are still there but this was one of our best fishing days.My family and I are on the Breakaway on June 9th, and my grandson and I are going on the Jolly Roger, 4 hour reef fishing trip.Not sure how this will be as there are only two reviews on this, but it is convenient because it leaves from Heritage Wharf, where we are docked.

Hello, My boyfriend and are are considering things we would like to do on our Breakaway cruise next summer, How was your tour on the Jolly Roger? We are definitely looking at this excursion as something we both really want to do!

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. not sure if fishing from the pier is still allowed.

2. check the web -- see what kind of fish are running when ou are going to be there..if you want sailfish and it is not the season best to know that ahead of time

3. while DH & I usually strike off on our own or book excursions off the ship ..if you are planning deep sea fishing I would recommend booking through the ship. and this is the reason: On their honeymon cruise our son and DIL booked a deep sea fishing tour through the cruise (Aruba)...good thing. They hooked onto a hugh sailfish. The end time for the tour came and went and the captain wanted to land the fish...the ship had to send another boat out to get the four on the chartered boat. When my son, DIL and the other couple got to the cruise ship they literally were the last 4 on the ship...all the gangways were away and they were starting to unmoor the ship. By the way as the ship was sailing out of port the charter returned with the fish -- it was one of the lastest caught in Aruaba.

Going on the Dawn July 12th and would love to try some fishing. Has anyone taking the Fishing trips that are available. This is my 8th cruise and I've heard a few horror stories about the Fishing trips. Any feed back would be helpfull.

My husband and I did the Jolly Roger fishing excursion in Bermuda and had a blast, caught some beautiful fish. The crew was very friendly and knowledgeable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I really appreciate this thread and everyone's experiences. I suppose one way to eliminate the "miss the ship" scenario would be to book the fishing trip on a day that we won't be departing Bermuda, right?

Does anyone have experiences to report with any of the following charters?

• 1 year later...

We are taking the Breakaway in October to Bermuda. Is there any place to rent poles to fish near the ship? And if you catch anything can you bring it back with you to have the chefs cook it for you? Any info will be appreciated

We are taking the Breakaway in October to Bermuda. Is there any place to rent poles to fish near the ship? And if you catch anything can you bring it back with you to have the chefs cook it for you? Any info will be appreciated

The answer to your second question is "no." You aren't allowed to bring fish you've caught on board.

My husband and I did the Jolly Roger fishing excursion in Bermuda and had a blast, caught some beautiful fish. The crew was very friendly and knowledgeable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was it the reef fishing trip? We are looking at booking that on our own the day after the same trip is offered thru the ship. Cheaper and most likely less crowded. ;)