Baltimore cruises

cathyoo

Trying to book a cruise for next summer out of Baltimore and there is nothing. Does anyone know the status of Baltimore cruises? I thought I read the Pride was going into drydock. I was hoping for a different ship out of Baltimore.

Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Baltimore's schedule isn't out yet--John Heald said by the end of the month.

The ship is going to go into drydock this fall, but I wouldn't expect a different ship in Baltimore because we have those pesky bridges up and down the Bay--the Pride clears one of them by only a few yards.

I haven't heard the Legend rumor, but I think it's doubtful, since Tampa still has one full-time ship there and there are four other ports within a five hour drive.

Thanks for all the replies. It is so frustrating not knowing. Baltimore is the best port for us. I'm taking a lot of people on a cruise in memory of my daughter. I really can't afford to pay the airfare for 15 people.

oh well, I'll look into New York although it is not half as convenient.

thanks again.

Trying to book a cruise for next summer out of Baltimore and there is nothing. Does anyone know the status of Baltimore cruises? I thought I read the Pride was going into drydock. I was hoping for a different ship out of Baltimore.

Thanks for any answers you can give me.

The Grandeur sails out of Balto. this summer. I think it goes to Bermuda/or the Bahamas itinerary that the Pride sails.

Supposedly at some point his blog said that the Pride was going into Drydock in February 2014.

If you look up 2.0 upgrades, you will see that the Pride is on for 2014, not Fall of this year. NOT sure if they made some changes, though.

I was hoping to see them release more 2014 dates as well...

Supposedly at some point his blog said that the Pride was going into Drydock in February 2014.

If you look up 2.0 upgrades, you will see that the Pride is on for 2014, not Fall of this year. NOT sure if they made some changes, though.

I was hoping to see them release more 2014 dates as well...

You're right--I'm wrong. The drydock kept getting changed around and is now scheduled for Feb 9 – 16, 2014, per JH's blog. I wish they'd pick a date and stick to it.

Thanks for all the replies. It is so frustrating not knowing. Baltimore is the best port for us. I'm taking a lot of people on a cruise in memory of my daughter. I really can't afford to pay the airfare for 15 people.

oh well, I'll look into New York although it is not half as convenient.

thanks again.

Have you considered New York to Canada?

thats what we are taking this August. And the prices kept dropping to almost free--- (LOL) we started at almost 700pp and it dropped many many times to 349pp

RCI's refurbished Grandeur replaces Enchantment which moved to Port Canaveral. So far, the latest Grandeur booking out of Baltimore is in late March, 2014.

Steve, yes the Grandeur will leave Baltimore 2013, Im going Sept 2013.

We have never cruised together but read each others postings when Majesty went out of Philly.

I was looking for private tour people and went way back and saw you posted that you used Dennis Hollis do you still feel he would be one to contact?? There will be 4 of us. Haven't been to Bermuda for about 12 yrs., at that time all the cabs etc were tired up with ship tours. We happen to get a lady who was a process server and did a great job with 4 of us. She was fun and did her work along with showing us the Island.

Steve, yes the Grandeur will leave Baltimore 2013, Im going Sept 2013.

We have never cruised together but read each others postings when Majesty went out of Philly.

I was looking for private tour people and went way back and saw you posted that you used Dennis Hollis do you still feel he would be one to contact?? There will be 4 of us. Haven't been to Bermuda for about 12 yrs., at that time all the cabs etc were tired up with ship tours. We happen to get a lady who was a process server and did a great job with 4 of us. She was fun and did her work along with showing us the Island.

Great to hear from you. We love cruising out of Baltimore but miss embarking from our home city. We're looking forward to cruising Grandeur too and it's good to hear Pride is getting a makeover. That ship's dark interiors are not for everyone.

I would still recommend Dennis as he took such good care of us. You might throw his name out on the Bermuda boards here and see what happens.

One of these days, we'll sail together! :cool:

RCI's refurbished Grandeur replaces Enchantment which moved to Port Canaveral. So far, the latest Grandeur booking out of Baltimore is in late March, 2014.

If you go on to RCCL's website it shows the Grandeur going out this summer. Maybe I read it wrong but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Archived