Party of 4. Do we get a table for 4

mfhonli

We are booked on the splendor for August. We are confirmed for late seating. I assumed we would automatically have our own table. However, in reading various posts it sounds like there is no guarantee of that. Is it true we would need to request this once we get on the ship? How likley is it we will be sharing a table with strangers?

We are booked on the splendor for August. We are confirmed for late seating. I assumed we would automatically have our own table. However, in reading various posts it sounds like there is no guarantee of that. Is it true we would need to request this once we get on the ship? How likley is it we will be sharing a table with strangers?

You could request 2 adjoining tables for 2 or a small table for 4. As soon as you board you can check with the Maitre'd to find out both the location and size of your table. If you are not satisfied, ask him to change it. It may take at least the first night before the change is made.

MARAPRINCE

When we've cruised as a family of 4 we've had booths for 4 and once, 2 tables for 2 very close together (did not like this option). When 3 of us cruised we were at a table for 10 and asked to be moved. The next night we had a booth, which we prefer. If your table is not to your liking it's worth it to nicely ask the Maitre d' if you can be moved.:)

Heather

Our favorite part of cruising is meeting new table mates. Some have even become life long friends. As a matter of fact we are a party of 15 on our June cruise and I'm disappointed I have to sit with my family and won't get to meet new people. Give it a chance!

There is no guarantee, but I agree- we loved the tablemates our first cruise. If you are seated at a larger table, I'd give it a try before complaining.

(Our second cruise we got a table for 4, our third we did my time dining- and tended to dine with people we met on the ship...so we still sat with 'strangers', just ones we chose)

Archived