Meet & Mingle

Stumblefoot

Thanks Stumblefoot, but it was a team effort; Silversea Cruise Critics, Team Cruise Critic, Silversea leadership (esp Ellen Bettridge). Thanks all. Already signed Ida and I up using the Sticky link for our Cloud voyage. Now to go to the Cloud roll call ahd our Spirit fall crossing roll call to remind roll call members to sign up via the Sticky link.

Hi Victoria, believe you must of found the Sticky on the Roll call page and on the Silversea board, as you posted you signed up for our fall crossing meet & mingle.

If you have more ?, pls see sticky at top of this page entitled On Cruise Critic now: Silversea Meet & Mingle.

Victoria, Keith (you are correct six is the magic # to qualify for SS/CC Meet & Mingle)pls see email confirmation I rcvd from SS for our Spirit fall crossing below:

CONGRATULATIONS! We've met the 6-person minimum for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle aboard your Silversea Cruise that you helped organize on the 11/09/13 sailing of Silver Spirit. During the cruise, you will receive an invitation delivered to your stateroom regarding the day, time, and location of the Meet & Mingle. In the meantime, you can meet your fellow cruisers on the Silversea Cruises forum online at our Cruise Critic community and invite them to join the get together when you click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com

I just signed up for our cruise in August. We are doing 3 B2B and there must be an easier way to signup for multiples rather than having to start at the beginning each time. I am sure there is, I just need someone way techier than I to fill me in...thanx!

You do have to sign up each time as it is based on each voyage. The system is not set up to select multiple voyages at once.

I will sign up for one and then afterwards click on the back space arrow button on my web browser so I can get back to the drop down menu and then click on the new date and then go forward from there. Then to add another one I'll hit the back space arrow button on the web browser to get back to the drop down menu and then select the next voyage date.

Keith

It does take quite a bit of time, especially irritating on the B2Bs, But it is such a welcome new enhancement. Sure hope that it will catch on.

We are now registered on the Spirit Istanbul to Istanbul and on to Athens. June 26 to July 10. Then I registered for the TA on the Whisper, Southampton to Montreal sailing Sept.12.

I encourage everyone to sign up. We SS Cruise Critic followers are not a big group. I'm quite sure that this is an experiment which we'll have to support if we want the program to succeed.

Maybe I am just used to the sign up as I've done it for a few years on another cruise line. I've even done eight back to backs and can get the information populated in just a few minutes. Everyone will get used to this rather quickly. It's so nice this has been set up and kudos to Wes, Cruise Critic and Silversea.

Keith

seriously me thinks Silversea ships are one place u can get Relentless, tried two local metro Atlanta bottle shops, trying to order a case--no joy all sold out, have to accept the #30 on WS 2012 top 100 (Eberle, Paso Robles 2010 Syrah) we have a case on order. Cheers :)

seriously me thinks Silversea ships are one place u can get Relentless, tried two local metro Atlanta bottle shops, trying to order a case--no joy all sold out, have to accept the #30 on WS 2012 top 100 (Eberle, Paso Robles 2010 Syrah) we have a case on order. Cheers :)
I'm still hoping SS may have the 2008 Relentless. THAT would be unbelievable!

Enjoy your Eberle Syrah from the Steinbeck Vineyard. It's description sounds interesting. Based on all of the wild fruit flavors, I bet it would stack up really nice against a beautifully cured Spanish chorizo.

I'll let you know what I find in the wine cellar of the Cloud!

Wes, since we will be on the Cloud two cruises before you, I will do my best to drink all but one bottle of the Relentless and ask them to save the last for you!
That is if there is any left for Wellseasoned to enjoy when we depart Copenhagen.

We have just received our confirmation of 6 for our cruise on the Silver Whisper Oct 19 Montreal to New York.

My husband, Ken and I are from Australia and first time cruisers. I had tried to make contact with other passengers on our cruise through Cruise Critic Roll Calls, but never got any replies to that, so was actually surprised to get the positive reply to the Meet & Greet.

I was beginning to wonder whether SS cruisers were not interested in meeting other cruisers or even as being new cruisers were wary of us newcomers.

A comment would be appreciated, maybe I have been approaching our other cruise passengers in an incorrect manner????

I have not wished to offend, we are just excited about our very first cruise on this very special trip to Canada and the USA.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

Dear How's

Please dont feel either rejected or concerned about the lack of a response to your roll call request.

The vast majority of Silversea guests have never heard of Cruisecritic, never mind knowing what a rollcall or meet and mingle are. Those of us who post or lurk here form a very tiny cohort of travellers on any particular voyage. Most of your fellow passengers will, therefore, have absolutely no idea that they could link up with (possibly) kindred spirits before getting a foot wet

Silversea guests are tremendously sociable, as you will find out when you linger in any of the bars or lounges on board for more than a nanosecond. Meeting people is one of the main attractions on a SS voyage but this takes place in a fluid and rather natural way on board.

Do also bear in mind that on other cruise lines, one of the big attractions of a meet and mingle is that free drinks may be on offer. This is simply not relevant on a Silversea ship.

There is no correct or incorrect manner in which to approach rollcalls, you are not yet within the 120 day final payement period for your cruise I think, so once this has passed and bookings have been finalised, you may find more people signing up. But if not, it is not indicative of standoffishness or snobbery.

You will have a super time I am sure and what a great choice for a first cruise.

Kind regards

Rp

Archived