Make changes to a getaway booking

marjrie

I have just read on here about someone who had booked a getaway balcony cabin, then changed it to a deluxe balcony.

I thought that once you had booked a getaway you weren't able to change or alter it in any way without losing the whole amount paid?

Have I got it all wrong?

I have just read on here about someone who had booked a getaway balcony cabin, then changed it to a deluxe balcony.

I thought that once you had booked a getaway you weren't able to change or alter it in any way without losing the whole amount paid?

Have I got it all wrong?

This is what it says on the getaway I have booked for August. I have booked 3 cabins for the family to celebrate our special anniversary but the girl at P and O said they probably won't be near each other and we can't change or request any cabin!!!!!

I someone changed from a balcony to a deluxe balcony I would imagine they had to pay extra money. I don't think there would be any problem changing a Getaway booking if you wanted to upgrade your cabin at a cost to you!

Have I got it all wrong?

Hi Marjrie, you may well have misunderstood what you read. We booked a balcony cabin on a getaway fare but have also been lucky enough to have been allocated a de luxe cabin. We knew we would have to accept whatever they allocated us and hoped that we'd get something reasonable, but never expected to have anything better than just an ordinary balcony cabin, this is a real bonus for us. One can book just an inside, outside or balcony on Getaway fares without any further descriptions so, for instance, one could book an outside cabin and be allocated one that maybe has a restricted view or not. Its a chance you take when booking Getaway. :)

Hi Marjrie, you may well have misunderstood what you read. We booked a balcony cabin on a getaway fare but have also been lucky enough to have been allocated a de luxe cabin. We knew we would have to accept whatever they allocated us and hoped that we'd get something reasonable, but never expected to have anything better than just an ordinary balcony cabin, this is a real bonus for us. One can book just an inside, outside or balcony on Getaway fares without any further descriptions so, for instance, one could book an outside cabin and be allocated one that maybe has a restricted view or not. Its a chance you take when booking Getaway. :)

Essexlass I saw your post, and well done to you, I can't remember who it was but it was someone who had I now realise upgraded and paid the difference.

Thanks

Archived