Jewel Port hole room question?

pomlover

There typically is a ledge below the porthole, maybe big enough for a book and an alarm clock...if you have the bed set up as a queen, the porthole will be right above the head of the bed, so one would have to walk on the bed to get to the window (and to look "down" to the water through the porthole).

I was wondering because my kids just love sitting in the window! We have been on other cruise lines and the port hole rooms have enough room for the kids to sit in it and even close the curtains! My daughter likes to take her book and sit in the window and read!

Well, a child may be able to do that...I could not find a picture of a porthole cabin on a Jewel class ship, and I am not sure that the picture on the NCL site is actually of the Jewel. If it is, there really is no useable ledge in this picture.

here is a picture that NCL shows:

Ocnvw_Prthole.jpg.e98a63b47117eba9789ab9b1e31c709a.jpg

The porthole rooms, do they have a ledge? I am not sure how to describe it, basically where you can sit in the window? Not the mid ship porthole.

I had cabin 4522 on the Jewel near the forward elevators and there was a small ledge around 4" wide under the porthole window.:)

I was wondering because my kids just love sitting in the window! We have been on other cruise lines and the port hole rooms have enough room for the kids to sit in it and even close the curtains! My daughter likes to take her book and sit in the window and read!

The porthole window ledge we had on the Jewel would not have been big enough for a child.

This was true on the Sun as well. And both times the bed was under the porthole.

Archived