Embarking Millenium in Seward

Amishcountry

My husband & I are arriving into Seward on the morning train from Anchorage on 5/31/13. Our plan was to go directly to the ship, embark, eat lunch and then go back to town for some sightseeing. Can we do that, or once we embark, must we stay on the ship that day? This is our first cruise, so still learning the ropes. I have been so grateful for all the helpful info on this site! :D

We did that. Boarded early, no one else was onboard! Embarkation was a BREEZE, we took pictures around the ship while there were no people in the areas to get in our pictures, ate lunch, dropped off our carry-ons in our room, then left to go on our dog-sledding adventure! When we came back, we were able to by pass the check-in lines and just go straight thru the security line and back onto the ship. Easy!

We did the same last summer. Arrived by train, had lunch on the ship and then left the ship and did the sled dog tour (they picked us up). There is also a free bus/shuttle that brought us from the train to the ship that makes a loop around the town. In the afternoon after we had returned to the ship from our tour my adult kids left the ship and took the shuttle to the grocery store to pick up some items. As the previous poster mentioned, we were able to by pass the security line after the first time through.

Just a note, the sled dog tour was great! The people that own it in Seward have won the iditirod the last couple years, so very interesting!

Depends on if there are issues from the previous cruise. We couldn't drop off our luggage until 2 pm and check in started then. We are Elite and had a suite but it still took an hour to get on the ship.

Archived