Single Supplement?

momrox1

Does Carnival ever have "sales" or price drops on single cabins? I'm considering moving myself to a single and letting my two friends who are sisters share a cabin instead of having three women together on an inside. Thanks Oh, and the sailing isn't until Oct.

Judy

Just spoke with Carnival rep and was told single cabins have price drops just like other cabins.

But tell me, why do they keep trying to put me in handicapped cabins? They offer them as available and say nothing about it until I ask if they're handicapped then they say oh, you'll be fine in them. I would not knowingly take a handicapped cabin. That's like holding the door open for someone and walking away just as they approach. Geesh!

If no one else needs the handicapped room why would you have a problem using it? It's not like you're stealing it from someone who needs it, as said before they'd bump you if need be.

Does Carnival ever have "sales" or price drops on single cabins? I'm considering moving myself to a single and letting my two friends who are sisters share a cabin instead of having three women together on an inside. Thanks Oh, and the sailing isn't until Oct.

Judy

Yes you do get the price drops on single cabins. I recently had 3 price drops on my upcoming Jan 2014 Splendor sailing out of NYC.

If no one else needs the handicapped room why would you have a problem using it? It's not like you're stealing it from someone who needs it, as said before they'd bump you if need be.

Oh I see. I thought they would then be sold out to someone who needed them. But if I got bumped I would probably be on deck one as it's only an interior that I'd book. And my friends would be on deck 11. What to do What to do :)

Oh I see. I thought they would then be sold out to someone who needed them. But if I got bumped I would probably be on deck one as it's only an interior that I'd book. And my friends would be on deck 11. What to do What to do :)

If I had to take a guess, maybe Carnival thinks it is easier to bump a single cruiser than a family. As a single, they only have to find a room with space for one which is any cabin on the ship. If you're say a family of four, now it has to be a room for 4, not 3 or 2....

If I had to take a guess, maybe Carnival thinks it is easier to bump a single cruiser than a family. As a single, they only have to find a room with space for one which is any cabin on the ship. If you're say a family of four, now it has to be a room for 4, not 3 or 2....

Good point! Thanks

Are they saying there are no other 'inside' cabins available for October that are NOT HC? That seems strange? Why don't you check the website for other available cabins if you don't feel comfortable with an HC cabin?

I once booked 3 weeks in advance and was assigned an HC cabin - knowing of course I could be bumped - however in my opinion if you need an HC cabin you would most likely be booking pretty far out to ensure you can get what you need...so at 3 weeks out I was pretty sure I would not be moved (and as mentioned the cabin was big and the bathroom was even bigger!).

Are they saying there are no other 'inside' cabins available for October that are NOT HC? That seems strange? Why don't you check the website for other available cabins if you don't feel comfortable with an HC cabin?

I once booked 3 weeks in advance and was assigned an HC cabin - knowing of course I could be bumped - however in my opinion if you need an HC cabin you would most likely be booking pretty far out to ensure you can get what you need...so at 3 weeks out I was pretty sure I would not be moved (and as mentioned the cabin was big and the bathroom was even bigger!).

Im thinking they want inside cabins next to each other and running into a problem because of where they are that the one next door is HC. Like the forward cabins, 2 are regular and 2 are often HC.

Lots of people posting inaccurate info saying you would be bumped as most of the time agents are too lazy to go thru what is involved in bumping someone. The HC person is just out of luck. I see a lot of people justifying taking a HC cabin for this Oct.

Chances are you would not be bumped, but Carnival doesnt care, they just go thru the letter of the law with HC cabins. They have some as they are required to do... thats all they do.

Id bet the reason the OP is getting offered HC cabins is because of the location.. she says deck 11 cabins .. so they are probably trying to book next to each other in a limited area with few side by side cabins left.

Im thinking they want inside cabins next to each other and running into a problem because of where they are that the one next door is HC. Like the forward cabins, 2 are regular and 2 are often HC.

Lots of people posting inaccurate info saying you would be bumped as most of the time agents are too lazy to go thru what is involved in bumping someone. The HC person is just out of luck. I see a lot of people justifying taking a HC cabin for this Oct.

Chances are you would not be bumped, but Carnival doesnt care, they just go thru the letter of the law with HC cabins. They have some as they are required to do... thats all they do.

Id bet the reason the OP is getting offered HC cabins is because of the location.. she says deck 11 cabins .. so they are probably trying to book next to each other in a limited area with few side by side cabins left.

That makes sense - but if someone feels bad about using an HC cabin - esp since Carnival does not seem to 'enforce' it's policy of moving people from them if required - then unfortunately they can't be next to each or even on the same deck - unless something changes between now and October?

I too would feel badly being offered a HC cabin just like that -esp far out, knowing full well that Carnival would most likely not 'bump' anyone...I wonder if any HC person has had such an experience (or does Carnival just say sorry no HC cabins available? - can they ask Carnival to confirm that those using the cabins really really need them?)

That makes sense - but if someone feels bad about using an HC cabin - esp since Carnival does not seem to 'enforce' it's policy of moving people from them if required - then unfortunately they can't be next to each or even on the same deck - unless something changes between now and October?

I too would feel badly being offered a HC cabin just like that -esp far out, knowing full well that Carnival would most likely not 'bump' anyone...I wonder if any HC person has had such an experience (or does Carnival just say sorry no HC cabins available? - can they ask Carnival to confirm that those using the cabins really really need them?)

Part of the problem is Carnival cannot ask people by law what their handicap is.

Carnival has bumped, but usually people are told no cabins available. They can email each cabin or call and ask if they need a HC cabin .. but they have to go by if the person says yes, thats it.. they cant ask further. No doctors note etc is needed.

Its discrimination to ask what someone's handicap is. Carnival is one line that doesnt even try to not book up these cabins.. some try harder. RCL the cabins are double sized almost.. so there are much more desirable and they try harder. On Carnival HC cabins are nothing really special, so not in as demand, so book them if you want .. Carnival really doesnt care.

Part of the problem is Carnival cannot ask people by law what their handicap is.

Yes I found out this is true.

Also true that we were trying to stay together on deck 11. But I found a solution Phoned a friend and she is joining me so now we are all on deck 11 in two 4S cabins :D

Thanks for all the helpful input

Judy

It is my understanding that without compensation they cannot 'bump' you lower (that's more like pushing you down!)- so you'd get something better than what you booked.

Although you may end up on a different deck from your friends even still.

When we cruised with friends they were on a high deck and we were on a low one. Didn't matter in the slightest, we didn't hang out in our rooms.

Archived