Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas 10 Nov. 2013 - Transatlantic - Come on Along!

GaNavy

Hi, everyone!

I took this cruise last year when Navigator went from Barcelona to New Orleans, and we had a really good, fun group.

This year the cruise is even less expensive than last year, so I'm traveling solo and looking to see who's coming along.

So come on, family! It's going to be a great time!

Edited by GaNavy

One more time!!

Over 200 of you have looked at this thread as of today - aren't any of you coming along?

This is a great vacation that doesn't cost the moon... you'll be sorry you missed it... ;)

those looking at your post might be a lot of the guys who were on

Navigator from NOLA to Rome 2 months ago. The reg CruiseCritic

M & M group was over 300 people and the guy group was large

as well.

Navigator is a wonderful ship and I hope others join you.

I already have my TAs booked for this coming Oct

and for both directions next year, so won't be on this one.

all the best to you for a great sailing.

those looking at your post might be a lot of the guys who were on

Navigator from NOLA to Rome 2 months ago. The reg CruiseCritic

M & M group was over 300 people and the guy group was large

as well.

Navigator is a wonderful ship and I hope others join you.

I already have my TAs booked for this coming Oct

and for both directions next year, so won't be on this one.

all the best to you for a great sailing.

Thanks RIrCstr - we've got at least one fella from last year's TA posting on the main RC, hoping some of his friends are coming as well as they were quite the hoot, a good group.

Hope you have a great trip!

Hello,

Myself (Chris) and my husband (Mathew) will be on this crossing.

Last year we did our first TA and it was Mariner from Rome to Galveston. a 16 nighter and the best cruise I've been on to date. I'm hoping this sailing will be as good, if not better, than the Mariner!

Hey, Chris and Mathew - welcome! Glad you'll be along. I did this TA on Navigator last year and had a fantastic time - lots of fun and relaxation and really a lot of 'family' too - I'm used to seeing quite a few gay folk on cruises, but I was surprised at how prominent we were. Never any problem finding a friendly face to share a cocktail and a good story with. There were quite a few Canadians, too.

Looking forward to meeting you both. There's a very active Roll Call on the other board - you might consider joining in that one, too.

Edited by GaNavy

Just booked it and my first TA. Can't get here soon enough!

Welcome, Dalbrent, glad you're coming along! If you like to relax, be waited on hand and foot, and have days in a row that you can make up as they go along, you're going to love this trip.

And for anyone interested, the fitness facilities are great - plenty of equipment, a ginormous hot tub right in the middle of the gym, sauna, and a steam room that's as big as some New York apartments (well, almost).

I enjoyed the sea days last year, I was nervous with it being my first TA but I think I'm hooked. Only problem is I get three weeks vacation a year, which means I have to take it all in one go, but I suppose it's worth it. :)

You're right about the fitness area, the hot tub in there is the best, the steam room was also large. I'd never been in a steam before, it was my first time. Very hot.

My hubby and I made lot's of friends last year, people who we will be crusing with again this year, so will be nice to see familiar faces.

I convinced my mom and dad to come along with us, it's their first TA and mom is nervous but I know she'll have a blast!

I enjoyed the sea days last year, I was nervous with it being my first TA but I think I'm hooked. Only problem is I get three weeks vacation a year, which means I have to take it all in one go, but I suppose it's worth it. :)

You're right about the fitness area, the hot tub in there is the best, the steam room was also large. I'd never been in a steam before, it was my first time. Very hot.

My hubby and I made lot's of friends last year, people who we will be crusing with again this year, so will be nice to see familiar faces.

I convinced my mom and dad to come along with us, it's their first TA and mom is nervous but I know she'll have a blast!

First....my bad for not recognizing you from the other board, so many posts there it's a little hard to keep up with...:eek:

Mom will indeed have a blast - plenty to do and see.

You probably know that Navigator is just like Mariner, same layout, etc., a year or so older and to be honest you may see some areas where a little touching up is in order (she's due for a drydock over the winter) but she's clean as a whistle and really beautiful - the atrium sculpture near the guest services desk is breathtaking.

Speaking of the gym....they had a trainer there last year from South Africa, just as cute as he wanted to be, but when he did the morning stretch class, he turned into Sgt. Buttkicker - I had never had a stretch class make me sweat like I'd done a couple of miles of cardio, but there you go. If he's there again this year, take heed!!

As far as I know, only one of the gay guys I met last year is going this year, he's posted once or twice on the other board (mancmatt).

I'm like you, I have to use most of my vacation time at one shot, but if you're only gonna have one, this is one to have!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, folks, I know you're watching....over 550 hits on this site so far, won't some of you come out (so to speak) and join us?

It's nice to know a few folks before sailing. And there's a very active roll call on the other board with both gay & straight folks participating.

Hope we'll hear from some of you!

• 2 weeks later...

GaNavy: I am retired USAF in for over 30yrs. Now just cruise. Will be on the Brilliance of the Seas for the Transatlantic 31st of Aug from UK to Boston with my partner Richard.

Still looking forward to the Navigator and the crossing. See you there.

GaNavy: I am retired USAF in for over 30yrs. Now just cruise. Will be on the Brilliance of the Seas for the Transatlantic 31st of Aug from UK to Boston with my partner Richard.

Still looking forward to the Navigator and the crossing. See you there.

Thank you for your service. And good for you that you get to cruise a lot. I work for VA in the DC office (not the medical center). Looking forward to meeting you both.

I have friends that want to come but they are worried about it being cold, which she hates. Can anyone advise what to expect?

I thought the weather was fine. Barcelona was around 70 degrees. We will be crossing an ocean, so you should expect that it will rain at least sometime and might be cool. But we're taking the southern route, not the northern one - there will be plenty of pleasant days and we'll hit the tropics about 4 or 5 days before the end. It may be mild some days, but it won't be cold.

Im booked in a promenade room for my third TA on Navigator... Im keeping my eye on legend of the seas to Fort Lauderdale to see what legend is like and visit my mom in florida at end of trip... also looking at celebrity infinity TA because I love the millennium class thalassotherapy pool in solarium and health cafe... did constellation TA and it became my favorite ship size and style... but if those prices dont drop I will be going to Galveston. also serenade is on my list of desires to check out and I assume i would like it being the same size as the millennium class (no thalassotherapy pool though)

Hey, Chris and Mathew - welcome! Glad you'll be along. I did this TA on Navigator last year and had a fantastic time - lots of fun and relaxation and really a lot of 'family' too - I'm used to seeing quite a few gay folk on cruises, but I was surprised at how prominent we were. Never any problem finding a friendly face to share a cocktail and a good story with. There were quite a few Canadians, too.

Looking forward to meeting you both. There's a very active Roll Call on the other board - you might consider joining in that one, too.

Hey there guys! My partner Woody and I will be on this cruise. We were on the TA in 2011 from Rome to Galveston. Glad to see family joining us!