Need Help with CoCoCay Please

LBeeE

I see it is mainly a beach/water day. Ordinarily I would be very excited, however currently I cannot get in the water, past my knees anyway, or get too sandy or too sweaty, I have a picc line in my arm that has to remain clean and dry. Should I even bother getting off of the ship?

If I stay on the ship, is most stuff closed down for the day, or will there be things to do? What will be open? Where will I be able to get food?

If I get off the ship, it will probably be just for the BBQ and a quick "sit" on a lounge chair and maybe dunking my toes in the water, is it worth getting off just for this? Will all of the chairs be filled up by the time I get off of the ship? Will I have to walk a long way to get to the BBQ or stand in line for a long time? What type of foods are available at the BBQ?

If I wanted to get off only for the lunch, what is the best/quickest/most efficient way for me to do this, get fed, and get back on the ship ... Sadly I can't walk very long distances or stand for a long time.

You should get off even if its just for a little while ... once your there I am sure you will have a better idea how to gauge if its worth staying longer or not.

Just remember its a tendered stop so you may have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for the next tender to arrive and fill up

What else do you have to do? Sure...get off the ship and wander a bit. It's not like it's a huge production to go to Coco Cay! If you decide not to stay...head back to the ship. If you find a perfect spot to nap, or read, or whatever, stick around!

Really, this is a decision that can be made "spur of the moment"....no big plans are needed!

• 2 weeks later...

On coco cay, are the cabana's really worth the money? It looks like that they have no beach to speak of (lots of rocks) and very little privacy. Some people have said that you have to walk up to 100 yards to find a place to get into the water and swim, I hope I am wrong, as I would like to look into getting one. Can anyone speak with first hand knowledge?

I got off Enchantment yesterday. We don't get in the water, ever. Just not our thing. We did the glass bottom boat tour on Coco Cay. And it was FANTASTIC. Tour guide jumped in and pulled up all kinds of animals. You could really clearly see all the coral and fish, even at 50' deep. One of the best tours I've been on. We did the 11:30 and it wasn't too hot. Boat is constantly moving so there is a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

Get off, even for a little while. There is a market where you can shop, there are hammocks where you can lounge, there are bars where you can have a drink, there are paths that you can wander. It's really lovely. You can (as mentioned above) also do a tour. Lot's to do without getting wet.

Archived