Cabin grades - inside, differences?

Just wondered about the different grades of inside cabins, They are classed as K L N & Q and when I look them up they all say they are the same sq feet and the photo displayed is the same. The deck plan shows them all as different colours etc but does any one know what the real difference is between them all?

I presumed that for instance that maybe K was worse than L or better than Q etc etc but have no idea the actual facts.

Traveling on the Navigator of the seas btw in case that makes a difference.

Thanks

mostly location and capacity I believe - I know "N" category holds 2 people but the "K" category will hold 4 people. The rest I think is a combination but I also think location affects category. Hope this helps some. ;)

Since I became a solo cruiser in and inside cabin on voyager class ships over two years ago, I have been on decks 7-10 in an N, M, K, and L category inside plus a PR. The M and K cabins cost more because they hold 3 or 4 people. The Q cabins are all badly located. The L cabins are more because they are on higher decks. The cabins are all visually the same inside except for the PR.

I always start out on deck 7 in an N cabin as close to the aft elevators as possible. I don't become emotionally attached to my cabin number. I use a price monitor to check prices every day. I often do a dummy booking because in addition to price decreases, there can be residency drops and best of all for me - a single supplement drop.

If you sail when kids are in school, there is a better chance of the M or K cabins going on sale. If the insides are not selling well, the L cabins will go on sale. As soon as there is a price drop, put a hold on a new cabin and call RCL or your TA to get it switched. If you do this immediately, chances are you will get a well located cabin. My favorite location is the inside corridor behind the library on deck 7. There is an emergency door at the back of the library that you can go through to access the inside hallway. It's very quiet back there. On one cruise I almost never walked a hall corridor because I had the first cabin on the other side of the secret door.

Vigilance pays off. For my next cruise I've had 4 price drops and six cabin assignments. I've saved 48% of the original base cabin price. I'm on a Radiance class this time and I am now down on deck 2 for the first time, but I am close to the aft elevators, which is the key on most RCL ships.

My bad. I just noticed you are in Scotland. I don't think the rules work the same way if you book through a UK agent.

Since I became a solo cruiser in and inside cabin on voyager class ships over two years ago, I have been on decks 7-10 in an N, M, K, and L category inside plus a PR. The M and K cabins cost more because they hold 3 or 4 people. The Q cabins are all badly located. The L cabins are more because they are on higher decks. The cabins are all visually the same inside except for the PR.

I always start out on deck 7 in an N cabin as close to the aft elevators as possible. I don't become emotionally attached to my cabin number. I use a price monitor to check prices every day. I often do a dummy booking because in addition to price decreases, there can be residency drops and best of all for me - a single supplement drop.

If you sail when kids are in school, there is a better chance of the M or K cabins going on sale. If the insides are not selling well, the L cabins will go on sale. As soon as there is a price drop, put a hold on a new cabin and call RCL or your TA to get it switched. If you do this immediately, chances are you will get a well located cabin. My favorite location is the inside corridor behind the library on deck 7. There is an emergency door at the back of the library that you can go through to access the inside hallway. It's very quiet back there. On one cruise I almost never walked a hall corridor because I had the first cabin on the other side of the secret door.

Vigilance pays off. For my next cruise I've had 4 price drops and six cabin assignments. I've saved 48% of the original base cabin price. I'm on a Radiance class this time and I am now down on deck 2 for the first time, but I am close to the aft elevators, which is the key on most RCL ships.

My bad. I just noticed you are in Scotland. I don't think the rules work the same way if you book through a UK agent.

Thanks to all for their explanations and youve made me smile about the library door thing :) We are in a K class cabin on deck 7 exactly where you described :D

Archived