Breakaway/Getaway Haven & Vibe

The Haven on Breakaway, and I would imagine on Getaway, has a private sundeck all the way forward on deck 17, directly forward of Vibe.

From what I gather from other posts, Vibe is a charge venue for all passengers including Haven.

I had the same question last week. Yes Vibe is an upcharge even for Haven guests. But there is a Haven sundeck right next to Vibe (although it has no bar or hot tub). So, yes there is another Haven sundeck other than the courtyard.

I must admit, as someone booked into the Haven on Getaway, i was a little upset they were charging for Vibe. I think Vibe is similiar to Posh on Epic and that is included in the Haven. But as long as there is a sundeck for Haven, I am happy. I think NCL is selling a Haven type sundeck for regular passengers which I think is a good thing.

I was very disappointed to find out that on my last Epic sailing they opened the forward deck for all guests.It caused overcrowding in the Courtyard area.I hope NCL keeps the forward sundeck open to only Haven guests or I will not book a suite.I think NCL lacks uniformity lately.

I am booked on the Getaway next October and have been following every thread on the Breakaway. I am booked in an Aft Haven Penthouse suite and, like you, am interested in the Haven sundeck area.

If you look at the following photo (click on the link) you can clearly see the different sundeck areas. At the very front of the ship - the area with the black loungers (starboard side) is the private Haven sundeck area which has a door leading from the Haven courtyard. This is for Haven guests only. Although there is no bar, I am sure that you could request a drink, or snacks, and they would be delivered straight to your lounger. No hot tub though. The area directly behind this with the large white cabanas, hot tubs and bar is Vibe which is available to everyone on the ship for an additional cost. The area at the front of the ship (port side) with the hammocks and beige loungers is open to everyone at no additional cost. This area extends down the port side, where the blue loungers are. Both Vibe and this public sundeck have no access to Haven courtyard or Haven private sundeck.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

I am booked on the Getaway next October and have been following every thread on the Breakaway. I am booked in an Aft Haven Penthouse suite and, like you, am interested in the Haven sundeck area.

If you look at the following photo (click on the link) you can clearly see the different sundeck areas. At the very front of the ship - the area with the black loungers (starboard side) is the private Haven sundeck area which has a door leading from the Haven courtyard. This is for Haven guests only. Although there is no bar, I am sure that you could request a drink, or snacks, and they would be delivered straight to your lounger. No hot tub though. The area directly behind this with the large white cabanas, hot tubs and bar is Vibe which is available to everyone on the ship for an additional cost. The area at the front of the ship (port side) with the hammocks and beige loungers is open to everyone at no additional cost. This area extends down the port side, where the blue loungers are. Both Vibe and this public sundeck have no access to Haven courtyard or Haven private sundeck.

Thank you very much for that picture.It is very clear to me now.Thats all I want is a sundeck where I do not have to get up at 7am to get a lounger.Well worth the cost of a suite for what I want out of a vacation.

That is a great picture. But they left the door open between the Haven lounge area in the front and the public area in the front.

Archived