New crew workers on the NCL JEWEL SHIP

LucyR.

I just want to say that a crew worker went shopping at a certain store and was going to be late to return to the ship. I had gone to that bargain store

shopping for gifts for the crew workers. The workers loved the gifts that I

bought for them. LucyR.

We were invited to dinner with Captain Lars on the Pearl a few years ago. We did not join a meet or greet or put our names down for anything, it came out of the blue, about 8 of us were invited. We had a wonderful evening meal, and then we were invited onto the bridge a few days later and had a great time. Captain Lars used to work on the ferries between Wales and Ireland, and we live not far from the Welsh port he sailed from, perhaps that is why we were invited. His wife was on board as well and she is a really delightful lady. We were given a tour of the ship and noticed that outside Captains Lars cabin was a big pair of bunny slippers :D. He is a really funny man and a true gentleman.

I checked the flights to Vancouver and it will not work out for me. I prefer the

Jewel ship. Plus I am looking at other NCL ships for another future cruise.

Talk to you later. LucyR.

I was on a repositioning cruise to Vancouver.

Just wanted to add a comment: I believe there is a certain amount of crew turnover going on all the time. But there does appear to be a more substantial rotation, including officers, just before or just after a repositioning cruise. I've noticed this several times (but FWIW I've never felt it adversely impacted service).

I just returned from cruising on the NCL JEWEL SHIP. I like talking with the crew workers and I found out that most of them are new workers. .

Are they new to being crew members or did they come over from other lines??

Very curious.

So since the crew is new and slow, do we get a refund for the slow service while the crew is learning? I think most people pay for good/great service, anything less is really not acceptable. The 'great' crew that is on the Breakaway now seem to be just as slow from the many reviews I have read.

Yes and while were at it I think NCL should charge passengers who behave like jerks, get too drunk and who by nature are just plain obnoxious to deal with extra!!!:rolleyes:

Everything has a learning curve, in every occupation people retire, move on and new people are hired for those jobs. Our room steward on our last cruise was only on the ship for one week. Was he slow? Yup. Did he forget a few thing? Yup. Was it a big deal? Noway, its not the end of the world......don't sweat the petty stuff:cool:

If a new staff member is the worst thing that happens in my life, I'm golden!!!

Some have to make major drama out of everything it seems. If you keep your eyes open there is crew turnover on every cruise on most every line. A significant number of them are coming from other NCL ships and quickly get into the routine of the new ship.

Archived