Wine package in specialty restaurants

I ordered the 5 bottle wine package for our upcoming Allure cruise. We intend to use them for dinner. But, I am now realizing we may never eat in the mail dining room! I have booked 5 nights in different specialty restaurants.

Can we use the package in the specialty restaurants? What about in Vintages? Or should I just cancel it altogether?

I ordered the 5 bottle wine package for our upcoming Allure cruise. We intend to use them for dinner. But, I am now realizing we may never eat in the mail dining room! I have booked 5 nights in different specialty restaurants.

Can we use the package in the specialty restaurants? What about in Vintages? Or should I just cancel it altogether?

You can use the wine package in specialty restaurants. You may also be able to get bottles in Vintages, but that's up to their discretion.

You can use the wine package in specialty restaurants. You may also be able to get bottles in Vintages, but that's up to their discretion.

Oh good. Thank you! Hopefully the servers won't get too upset with us using the package- I'm sure they'd prefer the gratuity from one of their bottles.

Oh good. Thank you! Hopefully the servers won't get too upset with us using the package- I'm sure they'd prefer the gratuity from one of their bottles.

Just off Allure and we had the 7 bottle package and only ate in the MDR on 2 nights, all other times we were in one of the speciality restaurants.

The servers in all venues had no problem with us ordering a bottle from our package. To be honest as soon as they saw the wine & dine sticker on my sea pass card they presented me with the wine & dine menu without me asking. It was the best service I've ever had when purchasing the package over many cruises. Don't worry it'll be fine.

Just off Allure and we had the 7 bottle package and only ate in the MDR on 2 nights, all other times we were in one of the speciality restaurants.

The servers in all venues had no problem with us ordering a bottle from our package. To be honest as soon as they saw the wine & dine sticker on my sea pass card they presented me with the wine & dine menu without me asking. It was the best service I've ever had when purchasing the package over many cruises. Don't worry it'll be fine.

Great! I'm not sure we will even make it to the MDR. Which specialty restaurants did you go to? Your favorite? Any that you'd skip next time?

Great! I'm not sure we will even make it to the MDR. Which specialty restaurants did you go to? Your favorite? Any that you'd skip next time?

We purchased the 'Central Park' package in advance and had to make reservations in advance for Giovanni's Table for day 1 or 2 and then for Chops Grille and 150 Central Park once onboard. We also reserved Rita's Fiesta at Rita's Cantina for one night and then Samba Grill too.

Least favourite was Giovanni's but that was due to inferior service. Favourite was Chops Grille. Rita's is really a 'party night' great fun for $20 pp. 150 Central Park is a great experience, just check the menus (2 set menus per cruise) on the day you board to help you decide when to go.

Again Samba Grill is a great experience but you must go there hungry to get the most benefit if you like unlimited meat courses.

Hmmmm- I was planning on all of those- with the exception of Chops. We had a bad experience there on the Navigator so we didn't book this time. I may have to rethink that one!

Thanks again!

We have always been able to access our wine package in specialty restaurants but have never been successful in Vintages. And we've tried. Once we were told they told carry the same wines that appear in the package. Not sure if that's true or not. Have fun!!

We had the wine-package on Oasis last November. Only in Chops the waiter tried to make us believe we could not order one of the wines from the package. He said: "But you know, the package is only for the MDR, I will bring you our winelist."

He got the following answer from me: "You know perfectly well that this is not true. You will bring us please a red Castle Rock and deduct it from our package, thank you!"

He got bright red and apologized.

So if they try to fool you, just tell them you know better!

Archived