Rental Car Shuttles at Port of Miami

Karen@Steve

DH and I want to pick a rental car after disembarking the Reflection. Do any of the rental car agencies have shuttles to pick you up and take you to the rental agency? I've tried calling a few of the rental agencies and haven't had any luck explaining what I want as there seems be a communications gap.:confused:

Anyone know or should I just plan on taking a taxi to the rental agency? The later seems counter productive in some way.

DH and I want to pick a rental car after disembarking the Reflection. Do any of the rental car agencies have shuttles to pick you up and take you to the rental agency? I've tried calling a few of the rental agencies and haven't had any luck explaining what I want as there seems be a communications gap.:confused:

Anyone know or should I just plan on taking a taxi to the rental agency? The later seems counter productive in some way.

Did you try calling Enterprise? They advertise pick up and drop off anywhere. But if I may ask, how are you returning home? If flying back from MIA then I would suggest taking a cab and have them take you to any one of the car rental agencies at the airport. It would be far easier for drop off at time of departure. My other suggestion would be to take a cab to one of the hotels near the port and see if you can rent a car from there. A number of hotels have small rental offices on the premise or close by.

We're flying in and out of Ft Lauderdale. After we pick up a car in Miami we're visiting family north of Ft Lauderdale, staying overnight in Ft Lauderdale and then flying out the next morning. It will be easiest to pick up a car directly from the port and return the car in FLL.

Many of the car rental companies run a free shuttle from the pier to their airport location...you just have to call and ask them. Hertz ruins a shuttle to their downtown location. You don't need to take a taxi anywhere.

I used Thrifty Car Rental last month. They have a free shuttle that will pick you up at Port of Miami and take you to Miami International Airport where you will pick up your rental. You can return it to Ft Lauderdale Airport as there is no drop off charge in Florida. They were excellent as we picked up our rental in Sarasota and dropped it off at Miami International Airport. Then took their free shuttle to board Reflection for transatlantic crossing. You should be able to make your reservation online at the Thrifty website. I highly recommend Thrifty Car Rental and The Celebrity Reflection!

If you haven't done so already, you should ask this question on the Ports of Call/Florida board, but first use the search engine to do some research there. (This thread may well get moved there, since it's not a Celebrity specific thread.)

Hertz has a downtown location close to the pier, with a shuttle. We did the reverse last year, dropped a car off there and were shuttled over to our ship. It was the worst-run car rental location I've ever experienced in my life. Perhaps it has improved since then.

Archived