Cozumel Dolphin Experience

Gilly's Daughter

We did over Springs break on our Allure cruise. My kids are the same exact age as yours and LOVED it. Cozumel has two places now where you can swim with the Dolphins.. We did the one at Dolphinaris which looks very new as everything was very nice. It is a 5 minutes from the RCCL port and I bet if you book directly, you can probably get a better deal.

My wife and I swam at Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab National Park. The entire (day) experience was well beyond what we could have imagined. Dolphins and trainers were great, environment was nice... they added in a swim with the manatees. The park was amazing, had a free walking tour that taught us some history, saw a lot of nice things.

Were were just at Chankanaab in April. Very easy to get to. Take a cab and do it on your own. Straight 5-10 minute shot with a cab and you can make a day of it. Snorkeling is great, walking trail, crocodile exhibit, lagoon... Not a real fancy facility for the dolphins, but not bad. LOVED Chankanaab though!!!

We did Dolphinaris on a Carnival cruise last year with my then 6-yo daughter and 3-yo nephew. The kids absolutely loved it -- we did the "Dolphin Encounter," since they weren't old enough for the "Dolphin Swim."

Be forewarned -- if you read reviews here of Dolphinaris, you'll see that everyone discusses the prices of the photos/videos they take. They won't let you use your own camera, and their list prices are INSANE. As in, $29 for a single print, $500 for a picture CD, etc., etc.

Please haggle with them. They will make deals, and if people refuse to pay their ridiculous prices, maybe they'll eventually make things more reasonable. Just to give an example -- we were able to negotiate down to $255 for a CD with every single picture (200+) and the video they took of our group. They also threw in 4 8x10 prints. My brother and I split the cost, and so it was manageable.

Hi...

We are a family of 4 travelling on the FOS next April and will be in Cozumel for the day. Has anyone done the Dolphin Experience there and was it good. My kids will be 5 and 8.

Thanks.

Yes, it is excellent!

I think that the dolphin experiences in Bermuda, the Blue Lagoon Island in the Bahamas and the one at Curacao Seaquarium are also excellent.

Archived