Front facing balcony for Alaska

winste

This will be my first NCL cruise.

I am leaning towards a balcony on the port or starboard side but am intrigued by the front facing balconies on the Sun.

We will be sailing in may next yr and it be our first Alaska cruise.

Would the front facing balconies be too cold and windy to utilize while the ship is moving even at low speeds through the glacier area?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This will be my first NCL cruise.

I am leaning towards a balcony on the port or starboard side but am intrigued by the front facing balconies on the Sun.

We will be sailing in may next yr and it be our first Alaska cruise.

Would the front facing balconies be too cold and windy to utilize while the ship is moving even at low speeds through the glacier area?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I have heard the front balconies are locked except in port.

Yes they will be to cold and windy for use . The other side you'll have a great view of the scenery.

You will want to have a usable balcony while underway in AK. I spent more time there than anywhere else. If those balconies are not accessible while underway, then I suggest not getting one

We had a front facing suite on the Pearl for our Alaska cruise and I would book it again for Glacier Bay or Panama Canal. It was awesome for viewing the sights while cruising through Glacier Bay. We had warm, mild weather for our trip. We were able to use it while cruising the inside passage too, although that was kind of cool and breezy.

Loved my forward facing Penthouse balcony on the Sun in Alaska! And we were able to utilize it while under way! Granted that was 5 years ago....I don't know why they would not let you out on it now. That was probably the best balcony experience I've ever had!:cool:

We had a front facing suite on the Pearl to Alaska for our 40th anniversary cruise (upsold from minisuite :) ) We were on deck 9 so had the steel hull door which I really hated because it was difficult to open and it made the suite seem dark. However we did love the bow location and spent a lot of time on the balcony including most of Glacier Bay Day.

We have one of the two bow balconies on the Sun booked for our Alaska cruise in 14 days! We'll take elastic bands to tie the drapes and for time when it is too windy or cold to use the balcony we'll still enjoy the wonderful seating area and the view through the patio door. There are other viewing options on the Sun including the Observation lounge right above us.

Archived