Nassau - Dolphin Swim - Looking for Recommedations

pinkaboo

Will Be going to Nassua with a youngster and hope to do a Dolphin swim.. Any recommedations? Looking for something that is safe for youngsters, so not necessarily looking to go swimming far out in deep waters... any suggestions...

I'd check out the Bahamas ports of call board for more information. The 2 you mainly hear about are Blue Lagoon and Atlantis. Although I have never done either so I cannot provide a recommendation, most people seem to say that Blue Lagoon is better (and cheaper) than Atlantis.

I haven't done either but the atlantis one is way more. Id check into one at the blue lagoon. when we are there next june we plan on doing the sea lions at blue lagoon since we have done the dolphins at freeport a few cruises ago.

That is THE best place for you and your little one....very protected harbor/bay and beach with tons of toys even if you do not do the Dolphin encounter. Lots of other animals to see and watch, sea lions,etc. He/she will love it!

Definitely Blue Lagoon. Did it in March. You have the choice of the swim or the encounter. There are a few pictures in my review which is in my signature if you want to take a look at the place.

We did the Deep Water Swim at Atlantis because we wanted to do the Aquaventure stuff there too.

We really liked it. We got to hug and kiss the dolphin. There was a fan type assisted snorkel where you swam with and touched the dolphins. The last part was on a boogie board where the dolphin puts its snout on your feet and pushes you across the pool.

Pictures are highway robbery though (forcing you to get their $70 package).

I bet Blue Lagoon is fun too, we just wanted to try the slides and stuff at Atlantis while we were there too...

DH and I did the Dolphin Swim at Blue Lagoon on our Celebrity cruise in 2010. I highly reccomend them! They really care about their dolphins and the experience was amazing! I want to go back someday and do a beach day & sea lion encounter.

ETA: At least in 2010, Blue Lagoon allowed you to take your own waterproof camera into the water with you. They did not force you to buy their pictures. I thought that was a nice touch. We eneded up buying their pictures, too, though. They were good shots for a good price. :)

My family enjoyed our dolphin experience at Dolphin Cay at the Atlantis. We got to spend just enough time with the dolphins then got to explore the wonderful Atlantis Hotel including the awesome aquarium!!

Archived