Breeze vs Sunshine

Looking to book our next cruise and we are debating between the Breeze and Sunshine? Is there anyone out there who has done both and can provide us with some thoughts? We have done the Breeze (Amazing), and the Sunshine looks nice, but not as nice as the Breeze. We also don't like how there is no Thrill Theater on the Sunshine and how the Sunshine seems smaller (We like to explore many places on the ship). Also don't like how the Sunshine goes out of NOLA. Very expensive to fly to from where we live. If anyone who has done both could provide some insight that would be great!

Note: We focus on the ship, not really the ports as much

Edited by CarnivalBreeze319

Looking to book our next cruise and we are debating between the Breeze and Sunshine? Is there anyone out there who has done both and can provide us with some thoughts? We have done the Breeze (Amazing), and the Sunshine looks nice, but not as nice as the Breeze. We also don't like how there is no Thrill Theater on the Sunshine and how the Sunshine seems smaller (We like to explore many places on the ship). Also don't like how the Sunshine goes out of NOLA. Very expensive to fly to from where we live. If anyone who has done both could provide some insight that would be great!

Note: We focus on the ship, not really the ports as much

You're not going to find many people, if anyone, who has sailed both at this point since Sunshine started sailing... but since you've already cruised Breeze you may want to subscribe to the current photo review of the Sunshine in progress to make a determination. The Sunshine is smaller, older (her bones at least), goes out of NOLA, and is a pretty uncertain commodity at this point since she just started sailing.

You're not going to find many people, if anyone, who has sailed both at this point since Sunshine started sailing... but since you've already cruised Breeze you may want to subscribe to the current photo review of the Sunshine in progress to make a determination. The Sunshine is smaller, older (her bones at least), goes out of NOLA, and is a pretty uncertain commodity at this point since she just started sailing.

Thanks! Maybe I'll post this question again in a couple months

If you read your thread, it sounds like you have made up your own mind. :) Why go on a ship that you already see many flaws? If the Breeze was Amazing, why not do amazing again!

As much as I would love to do the Breeze again, nothing would compare to the first time. I don't know how exciting it would be to go on a ship that you were already on. You already know the layout, the decor, the shows, CD, everything. On the other hand, it is always exciting to go on a new ship, because you have never been on it before. Everything is foreign from the layout to the shows. This is why I am debating. I want to convince myself to like the Sunshine, but I don't know :confused:

If you are unsure of the Sunshine and don't want to do Breeze again. Try the Dream out of Port Canaveral...or the Liberty or Freedom in Miami. They all get good reviews.

We are waiting for fall 2014 schedules to come out. Right now the Conquest is looking good. We've sailed that one before.

We are sailing the Legend for the 2nd time this fall. Prices were good, she's an awesome ship and an easy drive to the port.

Now that Legend in moving to Austrailia I'm double glad I booked it!

I would pick Magic over Sunshine, but since you say you have to fly in, New Orleans is much easier to fly into than Houston.

While I want to see Sunshine, I wouldnt pay a premium to do it over other ships. I think Oh goodie.. they added a lot more cabins to a already crowded ship. The buffet area was inadequate before, so I wonder what they did to fix that problem? I think other food options?

I live in TX so you can bet Ill do Sunshine ..but probably wouldnt otherwise.

While I want to see Sunshine, I wouldnt pay a premium to do it over other ships. I think Oh goodie.. they added a lot more cabins to a already crowded ship. The buffet area was inadequate before, so I wonder what they did to fix that problem? I think other food options?

Yeah, these are some of reasons why the jury is still out on Sunshine... and lets not forget that all of her amenities still haven't opened, going by Sargeant Shultz current picture review (mini golf? main pool?).

If you're seriously intent on considering Sunshine I'd at least wait a little while to see how the reviews come back. Once there's a decent number of them you can look for trends (things consistently praised or complained about) to get a sense of how the ship is sailing.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Can anyone else provide more insight?

Any insight in particular that you are looking for?

We sailed Breeze TA last Nov and again this passed May. Cruised the Sunshine TA earlier this month....for us...an awesome cruise.

Just to state given a CHOICE...to sail only one of them, I'd choose Breeze..but would not hesitate to sail on Sunshine again, in fact looking at a Sunshine Southern carib next April.

I'm sure you know, Sunshine is a fair bit smaller than Breeze, but the Sunshine transformation does give it the look and feel of Breeze as far as the decor of the ship goes, and Sunshine has it's own "unique" to Breeze layout.

One difference...Breeze and Sunshine both have Cucina del Captiano(sp) Italian spots. On Breeze, it's separate, on Sunshine, it sort of melds in with Havana bar which melds into Ji Ji Asian kitchen. Not a negative, just a difference due to ship size difference. But, that aft area of the ship was a nice place to be for meals and to hang out. AND!!! Ji Ji's was/is an awesome spot for dinner. Our whole group totally enjoyed it. Bonsai sushi spot and Farenheitt 555 steakhouse also smaller on Sunshine, but just as good as Breeze.

Both ships have waterworks, Sunshine....3 slides..Breeze 2, but waterworks overall seemed bigger on Breeze...and Breeze had much larger water dump bucket!!!!

I could go on...but to me....biggest difference in ships is simply the size...amenities are very close. We're not big on shows, so not much for me say there...but..liquid lounge to us was a cool place...hung there a few times for music/dance parties. Got a question or 2, I'll give it a go.

Oh..and for those who advised against Sunshine...much of that comes from after drydock....some info was true...alot false, or just plain lies (like non-existent listing issue). But...Sunshine had significant issues after leaving drydock early...all that crap was argued on here. I met several folks on the TA that sailed on those early cruises after drydock...sounded fairly bad...but....16 days across the atlantic could not have been smoother...on any ship. Some work was still being done...a few of those infamous buckets popped up here and there...and then were gone. Some much of the early problems seem to have been resolved. Ship did not at the point of the TA need to be back in drydock. And I guess, compared to Breeze, Sunshine felt a bit more crowded/compact....but....was zero issue for us on the TA.

Thats it.

Any insight in particular that you are looking for?

We sailed Breeze TA last Nov and again this passed May. Cruised the Sunshine TA earlier this month....for us...an awesome cruise.

Just to state given a CHOICE...to sail only one of them, I'd choose Breeze..but would not hesitate to sail on Sunshine again, in fact looking at a Sunshine Southern carib next April.

I'm sure you know, Sunshine is a fair bit smaller than Breeze, but the Sunshine transformation does give it the look and feel of Breeze as far as the decor of the ship goes, and Sunshine has it's own "unique" to Breeze layout.

One difference...Breeze and Sunshine both have Cucina del Captiano(sp) Italian spots. On Breeze, it's separate, on Sunshine, it sort of melds in with Havana bar which melds into Ji Ji Asian kitchen. Not a negative, just a difference due to ship size difference. But, that aft area of the ship was a nice place to be for meals and to hang out. AND!!! Ji Ji's was/is an awesome spot for dinner. Our whole group totally enjoyed it. Bonsai sushi spot and Farenheitt 555 steakhouse also smaller on Sunshine, but just as good as Breeze.

Both ships have waterworks, Sunshine....3 slides..Breeze 2, but waterworks overall seemed bigger on Breeze...and Breeze had much larger water dump bucket!!!!

I could go on...but to me....biggest difference in ships is simply the size...amenities are very close. We're not big on shows, so not much for me say there...but..liquid lounge to us was a cool place...hung there a few times for music/dance parties. Got a question or 2, I'll give it a go.

Oh..and for those who advised against Sunshine...much of that comes from after drydock....some info was true...alot false, or just plain lies (like non-existent listing issue). But...Sunshine had significant issues after leaving drydock early...all that crap was argued on here. I met several folks on the TA that sailed on those early cruises after drydock...sounded fairly bad...but....16 days across the atlantic could not have been smoother...on any ship. Some work was still being done...a few of those infamous buckets popped up here and there...and then were gone. Some much of the early problems seem to have been resolved. Ship did not at the point of the TA need to be back in drydock. And I guess, compared to Breeze, Sunshine felt a bit more crowded/compact....but....was zero issue for us on the TA.

Thats it.

Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like while the Sunshine is not as good as the Breeze, it comes pretty darn close? I am concerned about crowding/compact feeling, but I will be cruising in January, so I doubt that this will be a problem? Thanks again

Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like while the Sunshine is not as good as the Breeze, it comes pretty darn close? I am concerned about crowding/compact feeling, but I will be cruising in January, so I doubt that this will be a problem? Thanks again

Yea..I think they are close. We made numerous Breeze vs Sunshine comparisons while on the TA. While I don't know that it is "fair" to compare them, makes sense because of their similarities. The "crowding debate" will go on as long as the ship sails. Some here will always feels its crowded no matter what. On Sunshine TA..did not feel anymore crowded to us than other ships..it's all relative, but a TA pax mix is of course much different than a 7 day caribbean cruise. January could be a good time for a less crowded "feel".

One thing that makes the ship feel less crowded on the outside is a rainy day!!