Falmouth with a 2yr old

Ellaa

I'm looking for ideas for things to do in Falmouth, Jamaica with a toddler. We are planning going on RC Liberty. Our son will be 2 1/2 at the time so anything too adventurous is ruled out. I really don't want to pay for one of those beach/resort passes- with a 2 year we would only stay an hour or 2 so it just seems like a waste. I was hoping to find a public beach close by that we could just take a cab to but I'm not having much luck. Also, I heard there is a trolley at the port that does a short tour of the town- anyone have more info on that? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you change your mind about the beach, we did the chukka beach break with our son who was almost 2.5 at the time. It was $29 for us but he was free. We stayed a few hours. He really loved playing in the sand. If you get to the beach often I can totally see not wanting to do a beach excursion. We took snacks and bought water/drinks there. They let you leave when you want but we did have to wait 20 minutes or so to depart which was annoying but it seems like all excursions like this run at a snails pace.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but we decided to just stay in the port area. They have a lot of neat little shops and we even saw men on stilts. Our 2.5 year old liked it. We didn't stay long, just saw some things and went back to the ship. That turned out great, as we had that whole ship to ourselves!

Yes...using the ship on ports days is LOVELY! Everyone is off...and the ship is so uncrowded and nice!

Falmouth isn't a "real" port....it's a cruiseship port, so you really have to go some distance to find the real Jamaica!

We went to Hilton Rose Hall. It's a lovely resort, has a beach, pools, water slides and a lazy river. Alcohol and food were included. Great for families!

This is where I would go. I haven't been there yet but it's on my things to do list :)

Archived