Will lower Carnival Corp. earnings affect the HAL experience?

whogo

Given that Arison has refused to be the public face of his company in any venue besides a basketball court, it's unclear just how much management - apart from watching the financials - he's actually doing. When a car company or pharmaceutical company screw up, the CEO gets out there and does public damage control. Arison's lack of that implies contempt for his customers. And as the people who pay his bills, I would say we're more than entitled to criticize his methods.

Not coincidentally, we're calling Oceania this week for our 2014 cruise.

Interesting !!!! Frank Del Rio led Renasissance cruise line into bankruptcy, then founded Oceania by buying two of the old Renaissance ships. In 2007, Apollo management effectively bought Oceania and provided cash for them to build a couple more ships. The new ships were built by Fincanteiri which also built the ships for Carnival that created the recent problems. Good luck in your choices. :rolleyes:

I also see some ads that show Oceania offering up to 75% discounts on cruises. Carnival is being blasted in the media for offering discounts. Is that something we should be concerned about ??

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/?s=google&d=brand&t=cpc&cid=&s_kwcid=TC|14470|%2Boceana%20%2Bcruise||S|b|27336601990

I think that it will. They are going to need to tighten up the belt to try and get things back on track as a company. Also Arison has lost interest in this company. He needs to step aside followed by Cahill at Carnival.

I haven't cruised on HAL in a while as my other half is a Royal Caribbean fan so that has been the main cruise line for us. Celebrity is now a new choice for us. I will continue to read here to see if the quality drops. Not sure when a HAL cruise will happen.

Just got back from a wonderful Carnival cruise first week of May...Leaving again in 2 wks. Carnival is not HAL, do not get me wrong. However it is a GREAT value. I had a GREAT cruise, and plan to have another...

For standard cruising, its GREAT. For suites we will hold onto our money for NCL Haven, and HAL...

I think its so funny, people who have no recent experience with Carnival, are so quick to knock it.

Food was really good, desserts amazing, great beds, sheets, down comforters, serenity deck...

I slept well, ate well, and returned very rested. My room stewardess spoiled me. I had great service in MDR and wine steward was at my table within 5 min every night.

I believe that you should always get what you pay for, and i feel i got three times what i paid for.

Carnival is still paying the same dividend and upgrading ships in all their categories. Arinson isn't like Obama rushing off to console at every tragedy nor does the presidents of every major corporation. Maybe he likes watching basketball games and he can afford to.

Archived