The upgrade fairy DOES exist!

Vanilla

Purple Hays - yes there is room for you...

Cr8 - thank you for the pictures.

To the others: I use the Princess site to book. I originally booked a Window Suite, thinking the price would go down like it did last August (we had a Window Suite in August to Alaska on the Golden 2012) - but the price didn't go down. I cancelled that cabin and booked a mini ME E729. When I changed my booking to the mini suite, I marked will upgrade. I look every day to see if the prices are going to go down. The price dropped on the mini suite about a week after I booked it, so I called and was given that new price plus $100 OBC for each of us. At 7:30pm, on Tuesday, 2 days ago, I had an email from Princess....in the headline it said: Contact us about your booking.......... I called and there wasn't an answer. Called back on Wednesday morning and she said we had been upgraded, get to keep my OBC plus my gradutities would be included. I might not have hit the powerball - but I certainly feel like I have been given a very good gift. THANK YOU PRINCESS!

Thanks for all the comments - I am very excited. I didn't want the post to seem like I was bragging - just very humbled/excited and had to tell someone - you guys are always here. Thanks!

Purple Hays - yes there is room for you...

Cr8 - thank you for the pictures.

To the others: I use the Princess site to book. I originally booked a Window Suite, thinking the price would go down like it did last August (we had a Window Suite in August to Alaska on the Golden 2012) - but the price didn't go down. I cancelled that cabin and booked a mini ME E729. When I changed my booking to the mini suite, I marked will upgrade. I look every day to see if the prices are going to go down. The price dropped on the mini suite about a week after I booked it, so I called and was given that new price plus $100 OBC for each of us. At 7:30pm, on Tuesday, 2 days ago, I had an email from Princess....in the headline it said: Contact us about your booking.......... I called and there wasn't an answer. Called back on Wednesday morning and she said we had been upgraded, get to keep my OBC plus my gradutities would be included. I might not have hit the powerball - but I certainly feel like I have been given a very good gift. THANK YOU PRINCESS!

Thanks for all the comments - I am very excited. I didn't want the post to seem like I was bragging - just very humbled/excited and had to tell someone - you guys are always here. Thanks!

Congrats! Sounds amazing! :)

You are welcome. That is a pretty good deal for the price of a mini-suite. You are going to have such a wonderful time on your cruise. Be kind to your staff in Sabatini's. They will do anything to make you happy.

A couple of things to consider. You can order from the MDR menu for breakfast, but their kitchen does not open until 7 (I think). I tried to order oatmeal for breakfast on an early port day. The rest of the room service menu (toast, coffee, etc) arrived. When I called down, they told me it was coming from a different kitchen. Unfortunately, it never arrived before I had to leave the ship.

Take the time to enjoy lunch on your balcony. That is the only time you will get "real" chocolate cake.

Now, don't you wish you had booked a longer cruise?

Have fun.

We are waiting to leave on Monday.......................still hoping for a upgrade. One time we agreed to postpone a trip for a year...got a guarantee of a suite. Loved it.

We will be on the Island 14 days rt from Vancouver. :)

We are on Island Princess (7 days) leaving Whittier on June 17. I just received an upgrade offer via email today from Princess from a MD mini suite to a full suite with balcony for an additional $299 per person. Is this the "upgrade fairy" or not? Thanks for any input you can give me:)

We are on Island Princess (7 days) leaving Whittier on June 17. I just received an upgrade offer via email today from Princess from a MD mini suite to a full suite with balcony for an additional $299 per person. Is this the "upgrade fairy" or not? Thanks for any input you can give me:)

I am doing a Window Suite on the Golden for about $200 a day (3 days). Is it worth it? Factor in the $25.00 for a specialty restaurant dinner on the first night, Sabatini's every morning (yum), Chocolate Strawberries (yes, I am obsessed with this perk), "free" laundry, Preferred embarkation, a special line at Customer service, twice the stateroom size, mini-bar, etc. Only you can decide if it is worth it. Gratuities for a mini or a suite are the same.

Princess seems to be upgrading/upselling a lot of suites lately.

No that is not the "Upgrade Fairy" but rather an "upsell offer".

In any case that is a terrific bargain and I would jump on it in an instant as the suite is probably 3 times the price of the mini you had booked

Mike:)

In any case that is a terrific bargain and I would jump on it in an instant as the suite is probably 3 times the price of the mini you had booked

Thanks, Mike!

We took it!

Archived