Taking Wine Onboard

resordanis

My trip was 19-26 may and we boarded at 11.30. Poss the time of day and the deck used to board makes a difference. But yes, I agree, paying the corkage does make sense esp as you get to drink a wine you like. My parents don't drink wine and bought a Litre of Bacardi on board. They also bought it in the tax free shop in the port. They were told in the shop to put it in their back pack so they did. They got on with it no problem. Their bar bill was still more than ours though!

Is there a limit on how many bottles of wine that are allowed to be carried on? Or could I carry an entire case on the ship?

No limit. Especially for longer cruises I've seen people bringing whole cases. :)

Is there a limit on how many bottles of wine that are allowed to be carried on? Or could I carry an entire case on the ship?

When the ship begins to list I think you have brought enough on board !

On another note remember you are the one going to be hauling this to

your stateroom unless you tip someone very generously (or invite them

to the party) LOL !

Just curious, has anyone ever used rum runners? What has your experience been? Please don't flame me, just curious. Thanks.

Laugh if you'd like, but...

What the hell is a rum runner? I have no blessed idea what this is but I've seen it mentioned a truckload of times. I guess this is one long-overdue question.

Laugh if you'd like, but...

What the hell is a rum runner? I have no blessed idea what this is but I've seen it mentioned a truckload of times. I guess this is one long-overdue question.

It's a plastic bladder, similar to a wine flask but different that people use to smuggle booze on a ship, into concerts and sporting events etc. I've seen pictures and hear they work and aren't detectable. I don't see many people talking about them on the NCL boards, but, I have seen a lot of threads on the Carnival and Royal Caribbean boards about them.

It's a plastic bladder, similar to a wine flask but different that people use to smuggle booze on a ship, into concerts and sporting events etc. I've seen pictures and hear they work and aren't detectable. I don't see many people talking about them on the NCL boards, but, I have seen a lot of threads on the Carnival and Royal Caribbean boards about them.

Wow! That's way different from the small charter booze boat I thought it was...:o

I have not used rum runners but have a friend that uses them regularly. You can apparently even put the run runner in your pocket and it is not detected!:confused:

I started this thread and really did not think it would go this long or be as interesting as it has been......glad I did not start one on the daily service charge!! Imagine how long it would have been by now! ;) lol

I have not used rum runners but have a friend that uses them regularly. You can apparently even put the run runner in your pocket and it is not detected!:confused:

I started this thread and really did not think it would go this long or be as interesting as it has been......glad I did not start one on the daily service charge!! Imagine how long it would have been by now! ;) lol

There's a daily service charge?

Wow! That's way different from the small charter booze boat I thought it was...:o

Oh wait. Now I understand what you're thinking about.

These are not the same kind of rumrunners as those that gave us Ted Kennedy in senate(no caps. undeserving) asking Clarence Thomas if he had a history of treating women poorly.

Archived