Free Birthday Cake from RCI?

......Now I have seen the wait staff come out with .....................an off key rendition of "Happy Birthday" but not one of the cakes gratis

More like "Habby Burday" last time I heard it;).

I've gotten "Happy Birthday" written in cursive chocolate frosting on the rim of my dessert plate, but certainly no free cake. It's understandable. People can claim they're celebrating anything - birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, etc. there would be hundreds of free cakes every night if this were the case!

I cruised on the Monarch this past September for my birthday.

We took our granddaughter with us and she told the cabin steward very first thing we were onboard celebrating "Poppys" birthday. On my actual birthday 2 days later there was a chocolate cake delivered to me in our stateroom. I didn't order it and neither did my wife, I'm assuming it was from the ship.

We just spent 2 weeks on the Grandeur. My Mom came along to celebrate her 86th birthday. On that day we were invited to the Chief Engineer's table. Before they brought the special dessert, I was surprised to see a whole cake show up complete with singing. We had 2 different head waiters, our waiters from the regular table, and the ones serving the officer's table. The cake was put in the refrigerator and saved for the next night. When we had it cut, there were enough pieces for about 10 people so we shared with those around us. And yes, her name was on the cake, and spelled correctly too!

So things do happen when you least expect it!

Teri

Archived