First Princess and first Alaskan cruise--help!

nlc42904

I'm going on my first Princess cruise and also my first cruise to Alaska next weekend and would love some tips and info about the Island Princess.

I've sailed with Carnival and Royal Caribbean to the Caribbean before, but I'm sure this is going to be much different. Any advice would be much welcomed :)

Not sure if this matters, but I am a 25 year old female and will be traveling with family

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise? Great way to meet others sailing with you and get ideas of things to do.

To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

Read the Princess Patters (newsletter delivered nightly to your room) carefully.

• Don't miss the production show "On the Bayou" - it was especially designed for the Island and Coral Princesses with their 3 revolving stages in the Universe Lounge.
  • Last year on the Coral (Island's sister ship), there were 3 special dining events that they may offer on your cruise:
    • two lunch buffets on deck: an Alaskan Fish BBQ leaving Ketchikan and a Seafood Buffet in Glacier Bay. The latter was wonderful! There were mussels, crab cakes, two types of salmon and the most wonderful halibut I’ve ever tasted – it melted in your mouth. I showed up at the end of the Fish BBQ but it looked like it was a great success (lots of happy, satiated folks wandering around :D)

• on the last sea day there was a dessert extravaganza in the Horizon Court

[*]Attend the naturalist talks in the Princess theater (usually repeated on the TV)

[*]There are usually guest speakers/performers that come on board at specific ports (Libby Riddles of Iditarod fame in Juneau and Steve Hites - a local musician - in Skagway.)

On Glacier Bay day, make sure you go to the 'secret' decks all the way forward on Baja and Caribe. The view is wonderful and the National Park Service Rangers and Ship's Naturalist can be heard over the PA system.

It's a wonderful cruise - we've done it twice and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! I know you'll have fun and make wonderful memories.

Archived