Under 30 days at last and so much to do, I think.

arkansasboy

I have put off doing much to prepare for our upcoming cruise until we hit the 30 day mark. I do have a couple of boarding passes printed and the luggage tags are all printed, but thats it. I folded the luggage tags and laminated them so I can just zip-tie them to each piece of luggage.

I think its time to print the checklists for each person(8) and let them get busy as they see fit. I have no clue what clothes I am taking. I will follow the advice here and go with the motto "less is more". My youngest daughter thinks she needs alot of stuff and I have tried to explain to her that she really doesnt so we will see how that goes.

We are certainly getting excited for our 1st cruise!!!

I usually pack my suitcase a week before we go. I mainly take t-shirts, shorts, swimsuits, underwear, a few dressy tops, black slacks, one or two dresses that can be folded, one pair of sandals, one pair of flip flops, an over the door shoe organizer.

My carry on has my prescription meds and OTC meds, makeup, basic tolietries, hairdrier etc. I also bring bottled water in a small rolling carry own bag.

I usually pack my suitcase a week before we go. I mainly take t-shirts, shorts, swimsuits, underwear, a few dressy tops, black slacks, one or two dresses that can be folded, one pair of sandals, one pair of flip flops, an over the door shoe organizer.

My carry on has my prescription meds and OTC meds, makeup, basic tolietries, hairdrier etc. I also bring bottled water in a small rolling carry own bag.

Yep, now that is keeping it simple!

OP, congrats on your first cruise, so exciting that it is almost here:D I usually pack the night before the cruise! I do have a checklist I go over to make sure I am not forgetting anything major. The most important thing is to make sure you have your passports, or other ID, in hand when you arrive at the port along with your boarding pass. And have any prescription meds, in their original containers, in your carry on, and equally important...have a blast:D

Congrat's on your first cruise.

I have to admit, I've become lax in my cruise planning. I usually work the day before we leave. Then I come home, have dinner, pack for the cruise and then go to bed for a few hours. Wake up at midnight, load the family and baggage into the car, and set off for Florida.

It's a great way to sleep well that first night onboard too! :D

Archived