!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you for following along, we are very excited to see what the Breeze brings my way. I am also in camera shopping mode, and I think by the time the Breeze gets here I will almost an entirely new arsenal of equipment :D. I am very excited about it, although my wallet keeps complaining :D.

What cameras are you looking at? I find myself still checking this thread even though it is over! Have enjoyed your review and awesome pictures. I can't wait until your next one!

What cameras are you looking at? I find myself still checking this thread even though it is over! Have enjoyed your review and awesome pictures. I can't wait until your next one!

Sony RX100. I bought it, but have to try it to see if I like it. I should get her on Friday.

Great review Gambee. The photos and videos really capture the ship well. Your personal daily diary is just icing on the cake. I see how simliar Breakaway is to Epic. That really surprised me considering how much heat NCL took from the launch of Epic. It seems they added a few things to the Epic model and chopped up some areas to create more of them. If you liked Breakaway, chances are you will also like Epic. Epic has much bigger spaces like only 2 MDR's, bigger ice bar, and Bliss is at least 3x the size. Spice has stadium seating too with a pool. But since you live near Miami, you can get oustanding deals on inside cabins on Epic close to sailing. Even some balcony cabins are about $100 per night.

Looking forward to Getaway and hoping for some surprises too.

Gambee, Great Review Really enjoyed It. 1- If I make reservations for one of the specialty restaurant's in advance can I change them when we get on the boat without any charges? 2- Did you hear anything about a Chef Table Dinner & how was it if you did? Thanks.

Edited by Renzulli2618

Great review Gambee. The photos and videos really capture the ship well. Your personal daily diary is just icing on the cake. I see how simliar Breakaway is to Epic. That really surprised me considering how much heat NCL took from the launch of Epic. It seems they added a few things to the Epic model and chopped up some areas to create more of them. If you liked Breakaway, chances are you will also like Epic. Epic has much bigger spaces like only 2 MDR's, bigger ice bar, and Bliss is at least 3x the size. Spice has stadium seating too with a pool. But since you live near Miami, you can get oustanding deals on inside cabins on Epic close to sailing. Even some balcony cabins are about $100 per night.

Looking forward to Getaway and hoping for some surprises too.

After the Breeze I think I will try royal princes and HAL first. Maybe MSC as well. Then I will fall back to Epic and Getaway, now that I think about it I also want to do Disney. So much to try so little time! Lol

Glad you liked the review, thanks for reading it.

Gambee, Great Review Really enjoyed It. If I make reservations for one of the specialty restaurant's in advance can I change them when we get on the boat without any charges?

Yes, but you might have issues with limited times. I am not sure if you noticed, but throughout the review I said that it is very likely that I will never make reservations again. It's just not worth it to me.

My wife and I booked this trip a few months ago and had quite a debate on which level room we should get and if the aft balcony was worth it again (we had an aft balcony on the NCL Pearl before it was an extra charge, which was awesome BTW!!!!). I don't mind saying that deck 12 was her idea that I only slightly reluctantly followed. Turns out I booked the exact room you had for September 1st - the 8th. We have been looking forward to hearing anything about the aft balconies and you can imagine my surprise when I found your review AND it was our exact room.

So, all that to say thanks for all the info. I will definitely be following much of your advice as this will only be our second cruise, so I've got much to learn... We will certainly be booking our excursions off the boat, among other things...

Thanks Again!!!

Sean

Yes, but you might have issues with limited times. I am not sure if you noticed, but throughout the review I said that it is very likely that I will never make reservations again. It's just not worth it to me.

I also just read something about a Chef dinner. Just 6 people Once a cruise. $75 a person Do u know anything about that?

Hello Gambee!!

Just wanted to thank you so much for your very detailed review of the Breakaway. My BF and I are going on the ship in November and as this will be the first time I have been on a cruise (BF has cruised before). All the details really help me get a better understanding of what I am in for with the trip, as far as the ship itself is concerned (we have different itinerary, BUT will definitely be looking into Bermuda after this trip!!). After reading all your posts, I have gotten even more excited for our trip and we still have 5 months before sailing! The pictures and videos of the ship were fantastic - THANK YOU again!!:D

It really does floor me that NCL has gone back to the single line, two-sided buffet rather than the islands. This feels like they're going backward in that respect, as opposed to forward. Nevertheless, I will eat there and love it anyway! I've always liked NCL's choices of ethnic foods in the buffet, though I will need to plan for patience with this old school format. :( Thanks for the pics!

Slowly making my way through the review. The single line buffet format is similar to what they have on Carnival. I do think this is where Royal has the buffet figured out better with the different islands/stations approach.

It is a beautiful ship, though!

Slowly making my way through the review. The single line buffet format is similar to what they have on Carnival. I do think this is where Royal has the buffet figured out better with the different islands/stations approach.

It is a beautiful ship, though!

Carnival Breeze, at least, has pods or "action stations" instead of a straight line.

My wife and I booked this trip a few months ago and had quite a debate on which level room we should get and if the aft balcony was worth it again (we had an aft balcony on the NCL Pearl before it was an extra charge, which was awesome BTW!!!!). I don't mind saying that deck 12 was her idea that I only slightly reluctantly followed. Turns out I booked the exact room you had for September 1st - the 8th. We have been looking forward to hearing anything about the aft balconies and you can imagine my surprise when I found your review AND it was our exact room.

So, all that to say thanks for all the info. I will definitely be following much of your advice as this will only be our second cruise, so I've got much to learn... We will certainly be booking our excursions off the boat, among other things...

Thanks Again!!!

Sean

You will love that room! I hope you have a great cruise :)

I also just read something about a Chef dinner. Just 6 people Once a cruise. $75 a person Do u know anything about that?

All I know is that they hold it at Blue, but I think the price was $89 :confused:

Hello Gambee!!

Just wanted to thank you so much for your very detailed review of the Breakaway. My BF and I are going on the ship in November and as this will be the first time I have been on a cruise (BF has cruised before). All the details really help me get a better understanding of what I am in for with the trip, as far as the ship itself is concerned (we have different itinerary, BUT will definitely be looking into Bermuda after this trip!!). After reading all your posts, I have gotten even more excited for our trip and we still have 5 months before sailing! The pictures and videos of the ship were fantastic - THANK YOU again!!:D

Thank you for reading my review, I hope that you make it to Bermuda one day. By the way the first cruise is one that you will never forget, enjoy it as much as you can :)

Gambee, loved your review!!! We were on the 6/9 sailing and upon return shared our wonderful experience with my sister who cruises about 3 x a year and is very loyal to Princess and doing a British Isles cruise with them in a few weeks. After turning her on to your review she decided to venture out of her Princess comfort zone and booked the Breakaway for a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise this coming January. And, as fate would have it she managed to snag "your" cabin for this cruise.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful review :)

Gambee, loved your review!!! We were on the 6/9 sailing and upon return shared our wonderful experience with my sister who cruises about 3 x a year and is very loyal to Princess and doing a British Isles cruise with them in a few weeks. After turning her on to your review she decided to venture out of her Princess comfort zone and booked the Breakaway for a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise this coming January. And, as fate would have it she managed to snag "your" cabin for this cruise.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful review :)

Thank you for sharing my review with your sister. We will see how she will end up liking the cruise :).

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! We leave next Sunday for our Breakaway cruise! We are excited to try NCL for the first time. We have had such amazing cruises on Disney and Celebrity but we wanted to try a new ship and a new port. Again, thank you for such a fantastic read :)

Gambee I've been to Bermuda 4 times and going again. Was hoping to find a nice beach with fairly good snorkeling as well. I've been to Horseshoe and snorkeling somewhere but can't remember where. i'd like to just do both at the same spot this time. Most people say the snorkeling is not that great though at Horseshoe Beach but it looks pretty good to me from your pics. Would you say it is a good spot to do both. I'll have my 13 year old grandson as well (first time snorkeling for him) as well as several adults and we'd like to do a little of both. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! We leave next Sunday for our Breakaway cruise! We are excited to try NCL for the first time. We have had such amazing cruises on Disney and Celebrity but we wanted to try a new ship and a new port. Again, thank you for such a fantastic read :)

You're very welcome. Have a great cruise, I hope NCL can live up to your expectations :)

Gambee I've been to Bermuda 4 times and going again. Was hoping to find a nice beach with fairly good snorkeling as well. I've been to Horseshoe and snorkeling somewhere but can't remember where. i'd like to just do both at the same spot this time. Most people say the snorkeling is not that great though at Horseshoe Beach but it looks pretty good to me from your pics. Would you say it is a good spot to do both. I'll have my 13 year old grandson as well (first time snorkeling for him) as well as several adults and we'd like to do a little of both. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Honestly if it his first time snorkeling he will be just fine. There is a good variety of fish there for him to enjoy. In addition to that you will be able to keep a good eye on him as the main snorkeling area is very close to the beach. Just go there and have a great time, sometimes we over plan things and end up having a so so experience. That beach has everything you want and more!

I hope you have a great family cruise! :)